Sonic CD Music problem

BoomSaw

Yo, i'm new to the forums, so hey.

But yeah, sorry to rush and all but, as you probably guessed, when I run sonic CD, no music is playing, which I find annoying because I think the music is awesome, and no music makes the game somewhat dull.

I do have all the music files, all in the same folder, but what now?

Note that, I only recently started to use Emulators, and don't have too much experience with them (But enough to get the CD emu running)

If it helps; My emulator is Kgen Fusion

Any help given would be great:)

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Download and unzip the cue maker.

Launch the program, browse to the folder with your ISO and music files in it, hit the 'Generate Cue' button, then select 'Save Cue', give the cue the same name as the ISO.

Now when you launch a CD game from fusion, instead of selecting the ISO, select the cue file.

Thats it really.

kimcheewarrior

I take it there's no equivalent to the "Sega Cue Maker" on Mac OS X? I did a search on Google and haven't been able to find one.

kimcheewarrior

Don't mean to be a downer on the developers on the Mac OS X version of Kega Fusion but since there is no direct equivalent to the Sega Cue Maker program on Mac, most of us on Mac are screwed when it comes to hearing CD music in Sega CD games on the Mac OS X version, that is unless someone knows of a trick to use in Toast Titanium or some other disk image management program for Mac. So the only solution I can offer is to download MacGens. It has a quirky and imperfect interface but is perfectly functional just as if you were using the Windows version. Sega CD games run flawlessly and contrary to popular belief, MacGens pretty much runs on any Mac OS, Tiger and up. It also has cheat support for Game Genie, Pro Action Replay, etc. It's basically a carbon copy of the Windows version on Mac. But like I said before, it's an unfinished port so it has its quirks. But Sega CD games run perfectly with all it's music intact, kept in their MP3 format without the requirement of a CUE file. I believe EmuWiki has a link to the emulator. I honestly don't even touch Kega Fusion anymore because despite all of MacGens bugs, it's still a better emulator than Kega Fusion for Mac.