Computer Problem: I can't get emulators to work with Vista

Nickjagger0606

Whenever I try to download an emulator file I see the box that comes up, I hit save, and once that is does I hit open and it always says error file not found or something like that. I used to download emulators about 3 or 4 months ago with the same computer and it worked fine, it just won't work anymore, please help.
Thanks

JoshM22

There should be some emulators that are made for Vista. You just have to do some digging.

Zach

This has nothing to do with emulators, this sounds more like your PC is screwed up.. And I have no idea how or why, but if its telling you "file not found" and you just downloaded something, then its got issues beyond running emulators

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
You need to set compability to XP SP2 (simply right click > properties > compability tab)

This has nothing to do with his problem, he's having issues with the downloads and Vista not opening them, its not a compatibility issue. Seems most likely that his download path has changed so Vista is placing downloaded files somewhere other than the usual folder.

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
FatTrucker said:
This has nothing to do with his problem, he's having issues with the downloads and Vista not opening them, its not a compatibility issue. Seems most likely that his download path has changed so Vista is placing downloaded files somewhere other than the usual folder.
Thats exactly what it sounds like.. (Computer not moving it to a static location after DL for executing)