(WII) run emulator from dvd and load rom from sd card

pepperoni

Hey
I recently downloaded one of those emulation iso with emulators for snes, genesis, sms and emulators for a couple of other systems that can be run on the WII (from a dvd).
Now the thing is the dvd is full of roms one can play but I want to play a few games which are not on the dvd. It should be possible to run roms from an sd card.
So I copied al the roms I wanted to play to a sd card but when I choose "load rom from sd" I get the message "could not find (snes/genesis/nes/sms/pc-engine) roms in sd card slot A) and thats strange becouse my sd card is full of games.
(just to make things clear the roms on the dvd work just fine, the only problem is the when I try to load the roms off the sd card)

I've searched all over the net for a solution to this problem. but cant find any info about it anywhere.

So do any of you know what i'm doing wrong?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Sounds like its a path related error. Are the roms all sitting in the same path on the DVD or are they each in their own folder?. If you've chucked them all directly in the root of the SD drive then the program can't find them.

For example is the program is looking for E:\genesis\a\[romname] but you've located it in E:\[romname] it won't find what its looking for.

So match the folder structure on the DVD in the way the roms are arranged in your SD card. Of course it could be that the internal structure of the emulator can't be changed so if the emulator is set up to read the games from a set path on the DVD you can't change the path to tell it to look in other media.

Last edited:

pepperoni

hey FatTrucker
I tried to look up the path and make it the same as on the dvd.
But it still dind't work. So after a few hours of trying I just got myself the Homebrew channel and am now emulating from the sd card.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.