SSF and saved games, Help Request.

Bochief

Hi all, first time poster here so bear with me please.

After finding my old Shining Force III CD and remembering the good ole days of playing this on a refurbished Saturn system that suffered a catastrophic death, I tried to stay in the loop with emulation of the Saturn system.

Thus came along SSF, a true work of art from my standpoint, with its awesome ability to play this old CD for me and allow me to relive the memories of this sweet title. Herein lies the problem, how is it possible to get SSF to save/load games reliably? Sometimes it detects an unformated backup cartraige and then other times it shows up as no games saved in system memory and save states fail to load as well.

I have tried adjusting different options in the program but none seem to help. I know there is a saved game somewhere on my computer as it has loaded it in the past, just can't get it to load them every time I turn the program off.

Thanks for any/all responses.
Happy Gaming.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Well, if the "memory cartridge" (or the internal storage) that has been saved on gets somehow formatted (which could easily happen if the emulator recognises it as unformatted) the the save would be gone.

I haven't had any problem with saves so far (been playing SFIII among other games) so I wonder if the file is set to Read-only? If it is then no saves can be made to the card.

What version of SSF do you run?

Bochief

Thanks for the reply's.

Using SSF_010_prototype. American bios and original SFIII CD. Loads perfectly just sometimes the system acts like there are no save files what-so-ever. I have never been able to get the back up ram to work at all, it detects its there and even forces me to "clear" it via the Saturn control panel each time I boot the CD up. Its how I can tell if my system saved worked as it shows 1 item in system memory. (My game)

Will look at the you-tube link later today as it seems to be the only location for info in english on this emulator. Even my readme.txt file appears to be the work of aliens. j/k

Again thanks for the help.