Trouble with USB gamepad/controller

urweak

I have a Saitek P990 controller. When i play games like Street Fighter with Gens I have a problem configuring the D-pad. I can move right and left, up and down. But not up and right at the same time. It works fine if i use the arrows keys on the keyboard, but not with the controller. Its like there a dead spot. Is it my controller? Something i need to program in? Need a plug in? Just screwed?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Probably the controller won't send more than one input at a time. So while your keyboard will register the up and right key the controller will only send the up then the right key. Or it could be that the internal microswitches won't actually make contact at the same time so if you pushing on the diagonal its only depressing one or the other.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Can you test in the control panel? If it works in there you are ok, just need to determine the problem. Is it with a certain emu, or all? Are you using a joy2key like app.

Zach

Aye, you should check out the control panel, game controller config to see what the gamepad is sending.. I know quite a few emulators used to have problems with registering diagonal inputs, but I thought that stuff would have been fixed these days.