Chankast Question

Phob0z

I downloaded Chankast, and have not yet used it...

I also downloaded Shenmue, the file name is Shenmue1_cd1.cdi. (a cdi file).

How do I play it? How do I use Chankast? :blink:

Phob0z

Ok, I got it that the dreamcast logo loads, and then it goes to date and time, and then it goes to the main menu, with the controller, VMU, music symbol, and clock. Now I have 2 games downloaded. Shenmue disk 1 and Bomberman Online.

They are both mounted on my F drive with Alcohol 120.
In Chankast my F drive is selected. And when i select the controller icon in the main menu "to start the game", the whole chankast screen goes black for about a second, and then it automaticaly restarts with the Dreamcast logo. I've tried playing Shenmue and Bomberman, both mounted, and it does the same thing, i've tried selecting and unselecting capcom hack.

I'm stuck...

Phob0z

Well, it seems to be working now.

Only things is, fricken Shenmue is slow. And Ryo, well, he's really butched up... :(

I don't think I'll be playing Shenmue... :ph34r:

shmue.JPG

PMJ

Me When I Open My Chankast It Says CDRom Plugin Invalid something like dat HELLPP PLZZZ :unsure:

vpr

phoboz, just out of interest would you be able to pm or email me the bios file you found? i dont know if mines working correctly or whether chankast is being a bitch, but it keeps asking for a game disk (same as it does when u try and play a real dc without a disk in there).

cheers

EDIT: dont worry i found out why it wont work.

nesman

Right now Chankast is in its Alpha stages. Don't expect all the games to run perfectly.
Even on my PC:
Pentium 4 2.44 GHz
64MB nVidia GeForce 4 MX 420

Check the Chankast forums for a compatibility list. Theres one there.