I just started ePSXe.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Well you all know that i have emulated more than 1200 CD with PSX games with Connectix with the latest patches more than just fine.But i found a game Suikoden on the net and i want to play it with ePSXe.All this publicity to this emulator makes me curious so i just want to try out this.I have SUIKODEN ISO and SUIKODEN CD and i am more interested in playing the CD with ePSXe.

Any little guide will help.THanks

Ah i forgot i have all 11PSX BIOS all PLUGINS and the configurer and i have configured it well.

When i load the RUN CD ROM after a while i just got a black screen and soon after that the emulator crashes.

I have configured the video plugins,so i don't really understand this .It happens to me with all the games.

My Cd rom is SONY 52X it's really good i think so this should not be a problem.

As i just said any guide on how to use it well is REALLY APPRECIATED.Thanks. :huh:

Nothing to worry about it only needed a good DEFRAGMATETION and everything all right ,although my PC Configuration it's much higher than the ePSXe doc says the speed is not that decent.Any way i am now looking for a full COMPATIBILITY LIST OF GAMES in ePSXe .If any one can just tell me i would be a lot grateful.

I intend to buy some game i miss so i don't want to spend the 3 dollars of a game for nothing.Many thanks people.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Try Pete's OpenGL plugin and Pete's CD-ROM plugin.

As for your SONY CD-ROM that should pose no problem. I know alot of people that use SONY CD and DVD-ROM drives(I have a SONY CD-RW drive myself) and have never encountered any problems.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Lefteris COuld you just tell me the plugin sound for Castlevania SOTN and video plugin
I only hear the special effects with Pete's sound .Thanks in advance and also if you can tell me a compatibility list it would be great too.

belmont

From ePSXe read me
3dfx Voodoo 2...............Lewpy's Glide plugin (could crash with certain drivers)
3dfx Voodoo 3...............Pete's D3D (DirectX 7) or Lewpy's Glide plugin
3dfx Voodoo 4/5............Pete's D3D (DirectX 7) or Lewpy's Glide plugin
ATI Radeon...................Pete's OpenGL plugin
ATI Rage 128/Expert......Pete's D3D (DirectX 7) plugin
nVidia GeForce 1/2........Pete's OpenGL plugin
nVidia TNT/TNT2............Pete's OpenGL plugin
Matrox G200/G400.........Pete's D3D (DirectX 6) plugin
the rest.........................Pete's D3D (DirectX 7) plugin

For sound in Castlevania I use Eternal SPU Plugin 1.30.

ePSXe compatability page
http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=compat

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Even in my PC 1Ghz it runs to slow .The only video plugin who runs faster is Kazuya 1.8 but this plugin have a big problem it crashes the emulator and windows everytime. Screw this even the only working plugin crush the emu.I think i am just good with Connectix.I think it has much but much more speed than this emu who everybody says is the best.

FOR ME WAS NOT.