Your Local Broadnand Pricetags

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I'll start with mine.

Lets compare the smallest ADSL package, 384k download 128k upload.
We will need some things first:

ADSL Line: 384k = €59(Per month)
ADSL ISP Subscription: 384k = €49(Per month)
ADSL Splitter(split voice from data): The first one is for free, additional fee for any extra.
ADSL Modem(USB connection requires a usb port, ethernet connection a network card at around €45): JetSpeed 500/500i €108.85 and additional €50 as an installation cost.

I guess you know math. Let's see yours now.

Motoko

NTL cable service

I got the slowest connection out of possible 3.

£18.99 per month

150 kb/s Dl
64 kb/s Upl

Modem and installation was free.

onewecallgod

i dont use highspeed, but the local is Comcast. dunno what the speed is, but it costs $43US a month

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by onewecallgod@Nov 5 2003, 05:52 PM
i dont use highspeed, but the local is Comcast. dunno what the speed is, but it costs $43US a month
You must be kidding. I get cable from Comcast for that exact same monthly price.

I couldn't find any real information, just this crap:

"Scorching Speeds: Downloads faster than 768K DSL and up to 25 times faster than dial-up, and uploads up to twice as fast as DSL.* Start measuring those downloads in seconds, not minutes. And get your work done, with more time for fun."

I hate that they have tp relate speeds to download times, I just want the raw information.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Hmm, but Cable is broadband, is it not?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Note: I am on 56k. What I posted above is what I plan on getting next year when it gets cheaper.

donkeyknob

something like $80 per month, 3 gb d/l limit. go over and speed is reduced to 28K :ph34r: i dont know how fast i can upload, but downloads at about 800kbs are my best so far. i usually get round 500kb