Emulator Problem: Pokemon Stadium 2 - Can you Trade?

Anignog

I know there's a sticky pertaining to this and I don't want any links to it. I've looked through every page of that thread for the answer to my question as well as every other topic that has anything to do with even the keyword "stadium" on this forum. I've been very thorough in trying to get the answer for this, so please give my question some honest thought.

Alright, so I managed to make Red and Gold work with the N-Rage plugin in P64. I caught a Pidgey and a Rattata in the two games, respectively, and traded them to one another. After the trading process (during which I had both of my VBA's open), I checked Red and Gold. No trade had been made. The Pidgey was still on Red, and the Rattata was still on Gold. The trade clearly went through on the N64 Emulator, but the trade didn't occur on the Gameboy Games. So, I went to the VBA that was playing Gold, and I assumed perhaps I had to "Import Battery File" in order to make the trade go through. This, too, failed, as I got an error that said something along the lines of "Importing a Snapshot can erase your game" or something.

All I really want is to be able to trade from Gold to Red via the Project64 emulator and Pokemon Stadium 2 and vise-versa. Can anyone help me make this happen without errors or erased games?

-A