Sci Fi

Tidus_Flame

Banned
do you feel that Science Fiction is being raped by Hollywood? do you think its still possible for it to achieve originality, or artistic credibility??????

your opinion needed.....

Codeine

Science Fiction in general is pretty interesting, its just that a lot of media forms are ruining it by releasing rehashed plots, characters, and stories.

J

Jet Set Willy

Isn't this just the same as asking "HEY WHO THINKS MUSIC IS GOOD??????!". Somebody had better de-moronise this thread or I'm nuking it.

J

Jet Set Willy

Hey wait, the fucker changed his original message.
Apologise for trying to hide your stupidity NOW, Tidus.

Tidus_Flame

Banned
Originally posted by Waz@Nov 5 2003, 05:25 PM
Isn't this just the same as asking "HEY WHO THINKS MUSIC IS GOOD??????!". Somebody had better de-moronise this thread or I'm nuking it.
i changed the question, i didn't want you to close it :ph34r:

sorry

J

Jet Set Willy

I agree strongly with your newly edited post.

It's not just science fiction either, but general works in other genres, such as Lord of the Rings.

Also, most sci-fi originally written for Hollywood is trash nowadays. Just look at the Matrix films...

El Fugitivo

Most Hollywood sci-fi is crap yes. Even the films that are good (Donnie Darko, Dark City, RoboCop) are highly derivative or tongue-in-cheek mockery. But like Waz said, it's not just sci fi but a general movement by the industry towards recycling old ideas into the same old crap just with different packaging (and even that doesn't change too much). STALE STALE STALE.

And yes, I called RoboCop good.

El Fugitivo

Just link any kind of manufacturing.

Anyone here seen that MPAA anti-piracy commercial that they play before the previews in movie theatres? It's got some set painter guy whining about how he struggles to put together 12 jobs a year in order to keep food on the table, and piracy affects him more than it does the multi-millionaire studio heads (which is bullshit because he gets paid the same amount whether the film makes money or not, but that's another issue altogether).

Any way, that commercial sparked a little conversation in the one course I'm taking right now ("The Cinema") about how the major studios are just assembly-line factories. Think about it, you have hundreds of people who do one job over and over and over (build sets, paint sets, operate cameras, write scripts, act, etc). How can you say that that's not an assembly line? I mean for fuck's sake, there are people whose only job is to adjust the camera's focus. That's it. That's all they do, pull the focus when the director or cameraman or dp wants to move the focus from one distance to another.

Tidus_Flame

Banned
true actually me and one of my friends are going to try to create an origanal script

because the 3 matrix made me sick and gave me the motivation to do such a thing

if anyone has ideas please send em on the thread so that we can find out what you perfer in your movie

oh and we're edging towards sci-fi but i myself wanted to know what you perfer in gendre

your opinion please!!!!!