Great games

Mystic

Banned
I'm thinking about buying a Sega Dreamcast and Sega Saturn, but I can't think of any games that would make it worth my time.

Suggestions? Preferably rpgs or adventure.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
DC:
- Skies of Arcadia (RPG)
- Grandia 2 (RPG)
- Shenmue (Adventure)
- Resident Evil (Adventure)
Saturn
- Shining Force Series (RPG)
- Albert Odyssey (RPG)
- NiGHTS into Dreams (Adventure)

Mystic

Banned
Does the phantasy star series work like Final Fantasy where there's no connection between them, or do I need to start at the beginning to know wtf is going on?

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Does the phantasy star series work like Final Fantasy where there's no connection between them, or do I need to start at the beginning to know wtf is going on?

1-4 are more or less on their own but they do contain some references to past games. Not enough to be necessary to understand, just so that it's fun if you've played the earlier games.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Dreamcast-

Sonic Adventure 1-2
Jet Grind Radio

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
I'm thinking about buying a Sega Dreamcast and Sega Saturn, but I can't think of any games that would make it worth my time.

Suggestions? Preferably rpgs or adventure.

If you like shmups then the Saturn is the best machine of its generation. Some truly awesome blasters on the system although you want to grab a Japanese compatible model to get the most out of it.

If hack and slash is your thing then Guardian Heroes is also a must buy for the system. Its a bit like a slightly deeper, RPG version of the D&D Shadow over Mystara and Tower of Doom coin ops by Capcom. Fantastic and largely overlooked game.