Help with SSF & Dragon Force

Jasper

I've poked around this forum and you guys seem helpful :D

So, I've got SSF and I really want to play Dragon Force. I've gotten the system to recognize the game disk, but now whenever I click "Start application" it just seems to reset and I'm back at the same screen after a few seconds.

I dunno what else to try, please help!

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I've poked around this forum and you guys seem helpful :D

So, I've got SSF and I really want to play Dragon Force. I've gotten the system to recognize the game disk, but now whenever I click "Start application" it just seems to reset and I'm back at the same screen after a few seconds.

I dunno what else to try, please help!

You need to make sure that you've set the right area code in the options menu.
but beware, there has been a bug around that seems to reset the area code so you might have to change it a couple of times before it works. And be sure to restart the emulator after changing area code, not just resetting it.

Hope that helps! :)

Jasper

Thanks retroguiden

I've tried all the area codes, and everything except Americas gives me a "game disk not supported" error. Makes sense because I have Dragon Force(U).

It seems like the system recognized the disk just fine, but it seems to be unable to do anything with it. As soon as I hit "start app.", I think the system resets because I immediately get this screen:

00000001gu8.png

and then it's back to the system menu screen.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Strange. My best guess is that something's wrong with your disc. It worked fine for me when I tried it just a couple of minutes ago.

I use the 1.00 version Bios, area code set to America, having a back up ISO of the game I use Daemon tools, and of course the version of SFF is 0.10 prototype. (Not the latest prototype R1)!

Jasper

You fixed it! I was using the 1.01 bios, but when i switched to 1.00 it started working.

Thanks a ton, retroguiden!

Merry Christmas!