Emulator Problems

ExarKun

For some reason whenever I try to use an emulator it goes to send an error report. Before the emulators worked perfectly. Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can do. Also, my bad if I posted this in the wrong place

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Nope, more likely you have a driver problem. You don't give a lot of information about your PC, OS, emulators or what error its reporting.

My first suggestion would be to re-install direct-x and your graphics drivers. Of course it could be that you've downloaded the wrong version of the emulator you are trying to run. If you've downloaded a source version it needs compiling before you can use it, and of course if you've downloaded a version for the wrong OS it won't work either.

Without at least the basic info I detailed above though, providing any kind of proper support is impossible. Its like saying 'my car is broken how do I fix it'? without providing any other details.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Of course it could be that you've downloaded the wrong version of the emulator you are trying to run. If you've downloaded a source version it needs compiling before you can use it, and of course if you've downloaded a version for the wrong OS it won't work either.

But he states the emulators used to work at one time...

Nice suggestion, but not very useful for most of them. Very few emulators (like PJ64) actually install. The rest are just unpacked wherever you want, so re-installing won't do a thing.

If something's wrong with any of the files it *will* correct the problem! So it is indeed very useful...

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
But he states the emulators used to work at one time...

That's why my first suggestion was a driver error. If windows has started chucking error reports at him for something that previously worked ok, its usually due to a driver change or where something else has been installed that's removed/modified/replaced certain things the previous driver used.

Without knowing what emulator he's talking about or what type of OS its running on its virtually impossible to give anything other than speculative support.