Emulator Problem: Chankast wont work to me.

reynaldo_abc

This is the first emulator and game for dreamcast that i try to play "on my pc". So far i thnk i have all the settings correct, ive read a couple manuals and F.A.Q.'s. I have the bios and flash, demon tools 3.29, the aspi drivers updated and Utopia Boot Disc(just incase).

Ok this is what happens:
1) i mount the image on a virtual drive created by DT 3.29.
2) i open chankast(last version 0.25) and click on Run>Start then the DC menu appears(play,file,music,settings).
3) I click on PLAY and the DC logo appears and than it fades after a few seconds and another screen with the SEGA logo appears and it fades after 2seconds then send me back to the menu(where 4 icons appears: PLAY, FILE, MUSIC, SETTINGS.

Then i thought that the .cdi game i have(rush 2049) might not be self-bootable. So i do this:
1) mount UBD on virtual drive(f).
2)open chankast, click on run-start then on the dreamcast menu click on PLAY and wait until a funny screen comes telling me to insert a CD.
3) unmount UBD and mount the game in the same drive that the ubd was(f).
4) nothing happens, the funny screen stay there. No changes.
--------

I have no idea what's wrong, i've look around google and a lot of forums to see if i could find someone with the same problems i got but i have had no luck.

Regards,
Rey. :bow:

PS: i tried playing around with the settings, from VGA to NTSC and from the plugins xxx to the others, and had no luck.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Try another emulator. Demul and NullDC works on some games that Chankast don't work in. And make sure the game actually is supposed to work in Chankast.