Emulators

YoungGunner

I'm new to the emulator world.... I have learned how to make the NES, SNES, Sega, & PS emulators work... 1st question is which are the best emulators for each platform... and my big question deals strictly with the dreamcast emulator... I'm using Chankast Alpha 0.25... I really confused on how to make this emulator operate... I know I need the bios files... but I don't understand how to make the games play or how about the VMU browser emulator or what is even for... I don't know how to use the virtual cd-rom either... also, I have a 1.2 ghz machine and is this going to cause a major problem with this emulator... any help would be appreciated greatly....

nesman

Inorder to run Chankast, you need to load a valid CD image of a DC iso into the virtual drive. Daemon Tools is good. Read the tutorial for more info. After the image is loaded into the drive, go to Chankast and change the CD drive your reading from to the letter of the virtual drive.(if you have a C, D, and E drive, your virtual CD letter should be F, but it varies depending on how many drives you have) Once its all set, click run and it should start.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
About the best emulators i will list mine's here

Only Sega's cause we are at sega forum here

SEGA MASTER SYSTEM +GAME GEAR = KEGA FUSION
SEGA GENESIS/MEGADRIVE = GENS
SEGA SATURN = ALL SUCKS,but Giri giri hack is great for now
SEGA DREAMCAST =CHANKAST.

Chocho

Well I'm back, coz you didn' banned me.
I've got Chankast, and I will try it on monday with Metropolis. I've got evrerything for the emu. Is it work only .ISO-s? :huh: