Missing game manuals

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
A know fact as most people don't take care nor value their possessions... Back in the early 90s, I've started collecting manuals, booklets, and box arts from the Atari to the Sega Geneses (which people just threw out). Sold them to a friend's comic book shop for a value of $250 to $300. Today, well... Ebay seems to be the only "second hand" merchant left...

rezabrando

Thanks retroguiden, It was a terrefic site. I'm afraid I don't know any site that provide manuals, sorry. But as Desert Drifter said already, Ebay is a good place.

Last edited:

JoshM22

It's a shame people didn't take care of their game manuals back then. I pawned most of my old games away except one PSone game. Anyways I take care of all my games, manuals,CD's,DVD's and all the box art that comes with it. I treat all that stuff like they are my babies lol. Thanks for the info Desert.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Through a coincidence I found another site preserving old game manuals: Vimm's Lair

Excerpt from the site:
"Started in 1999, the goal of The Manual Project is to scan as many US video game manuals as possible. Once scanned they are posted here so that everyone may read them. To date over 400 NES and SNES manuals have been scanned and posted, and the project is now expanded to include works from other sites. All manuals can be viewed online using your web browser, and downloadable manuals are available in both .vlm and .pdf format. "