PC Problem

Corey4666

i got another cpu i jus got a video card for it but the thing is the hd is blank
it dont even have windows or anything on it at all but i do have the windows xp cd the thing is do i plug it in and pop the cd in and will it start up or somthing or what i mean how do i install windows on it?

belmont

Try installing them from a boot disk...
You can easily make one on a friend's PC.
You may need to format the disk first.

Corey4666

Originally posted by belmont@Sep 23 2004, 06:29 PM
Try installing them from a boot disk...
You can easily make one on a friend's PC.
You may need to format the disk first.
first of all i got my normal pc right now that im using so i dont need a friends pc :)
second of all how do i make a boot disc? :unsure:

onewecallgod

if i remember xp install correct, it will format for you, so first go to bios and change your boot order to cd booting first. then the xp setup will run and will ask you to format

Corey4666

hey can you guys help i mean my step dad is never gonna help me hes alway busy
umm......the pc was made to run windows 98 SE it says the serial on the back
i got the windows xp cd and i got a burend windows 98 SE cd
but when i turn on the computer i jus get a black screen do i jus put the windows 98 SE in because i tryed that nothin happens then i restarted the computer with the windows 98 se in the cd rom drive and did the same thing with windows xp cd
im really confused on this problem

nesman

If you know how to get into your BIOS, then change the boot drive to IDE CD ROM or sumthin. Once you change it to the CD drive, put the Windows XP CD in. Then it will proably start to read the disk. This is how I do formatting on my PC.

nesman

When you turn your computer on, the bios executes first before the operating system. To get into the BIOS settings, you have to press one of the function keys at the top row of the keyboard.(Esc-F12) You have to find out which button to press, it can be different from BIOS to BIOS. And you have to press that button before the operating system starts. Try to get into the bios first. Then we can go thru the settings. If you ever need help go to Google. Hope this helps. ;)

Corey4666

ok kool but it dont got and os on it btw if you dont know, so i jus start up the cpu and find the buttons that views the bios?
ohh....and btw i dont know exactly what to type in google on this problem