ROM Problems

Dark Dragon DX

I am having problems with two specific ROMS, 007: The World Is Not Enough and Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs.

The problem for 007 is just minor, the sound breaks at times.

But Battlezone on the other hand, is almost a complete failure. The sound works all the time, but the graphics are just messed up in-game. Everything keeps flashing and the gameplay is scrunched towards the top of the screen (As seen in the screenshot)..

I am using the Project 64 emulator which claims to be one of the best out there. And it works fine with every other ROM! And I've tried quite a few plugins..

Messed.jpg

However, there is no distortion on the main menu..
MissionComplete.jpg

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its not the rom its the emulation. Battlezone is one of the (admittedly few) games which doesn't work particularly well with 1.6.

There were whispers that 1.7 would be given a public release in 2008 but its only 3 months to New Year and still no word coming from the devs so it looks unlikely.

Dark Dragon DX

Its not the rom its the emulation. Battlezone is one of the (admittedly few) games which doesn't work particularly well with 1.6.

There were whispers that 1.7 would be given a public release in 2008 but its only 3 months to New Year and still no word coming from the devs so it looks unlikely.

I tried toying with the graphic settings and managed to cut down the flashing a bit..but to the loss of some visibility..
And it doesn't cut it down much at all.

FlashingCut.jpg

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
The 1.6 version av N64 doesn't say anything in the FAQ about 007:TWinE, but checking the FAQ of 1.7 it states "speech samples are garbled - no fix for this, suggest you turn off speech and turn on subtitles in game options. or you could try 3rd party plugins."

Now, this might not be true for PJ64 1.6 but it could very well be. So unless Thanameless solution works out for you, the above tip might be worth investigating.
Found no info on Battlezone.

Dark Dragon DX

I figured out how to fix the flashing in battlezone! :happy:

1.) Go to Options --> Settings --> and select "Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6" for your Video plugin.
2.) Go to Options --> Configure Graphics Plugin --> Advanced and make sure none of those are checked.

Then there should be a lot less flashing in battlezone. :)

Dark Dragon DX

you could just try using a different N64 emulator.

Hey, thanks. Battlezone fills the entire screen now. But the graphics are still messed up. ^.^

I used Mupen64.

I tried many plugins for Mupen, it didn't help much. As far as I know, I'm better off PJ64 right now..

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Hey, thanks. Battlezone fills the entire screen now. But the graphics are still messed up. ^.^

I used Mupen64.

I tried many plugins for Mupen, it didn't help much. As far as I know, I'm better off PJ64 right now..

a big part of emulating is testing, you should keep testing and testing if you have a problem, search new plugins and all of that stuff. in the end you will find the right settings

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member

I used Mupen64.

yeah, there are still a few roms that cant really be emulated too well, but hey, they are still making improvements:happy:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
yeah, there are still a few roms that cant really be emulated too well, but hey, they are still making improvements:happy:

Are they? Is Mupen project actually being worked on or is it on hiatus? I mean, there hasn't been any news for over 3 years...