suggestions.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
now as this topic is also for suggestions i had a few.-don't worry i am still exicted about the site:p:happy:- but is it possible to -if people are intrested- make a recording topic, because emulators are a lot used for recording and a lot of people allso have questions for that:eek:. and is it possible to get a chat or a shoutbox at the site? shoutboxes are easy to get legal and free -first ex from google already shows a good one- http://www.freeshoutbox.net/
this would make it easier to talk about different things and simple problems without spamming and creating an awfull lot of topics.

but still, keep up the good stuff, thanameless

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Shout-boxes and chat related are good spam factors, - almost like texting a bunch of abbreviated nonsense via phone. Probably the main reason Emu-Zone doesn't, taking it sucks up pointless space in the SQL bucket when more useful content could be posted by the forums... ;)

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Shout-boxes and chat related are good spam factors, - almost like texting a bunch of abbreviated nonsense via phone. Probably the main reason Emu-Zone doesn't, taking it sucks up pointless space in the SQL bucket when more useful content could be posted by the forums... ;)

i agree, but it reduces spamming and, most important, non-registered users, or users with not that important questions also could post it there...:happy:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Actually, it doesn't. I had to even yell at the admins and mods for the constant expressions they were flaming (though you would think it would be the guests and other members not knowing any better..). Of course back then we had clubs and axes to "beat" with - ha ha just kidding ya. :p It's a waste of valuable space in the database, as moving it onto another server is quite a pain...

Here's an example of the insanity:

IceDude - =O
Jack - :?
IceDude - :S
Jack - =X
SilverSerpent - =P
IceDude = o_O
Jack - <(^.^)>
IceDude - D:
Average Joe - WTF ARE YOU IDIOTS SMOKING!
Jack - O.O
IceDude - <@: )
SilverSerpent - Apparently a case of "new shout box" smell. LOL hardy har *wink* *wink*
Jack - O:)
AverageJoe - Knock it off, Not funny one bit
IceDude - @$$ :* ER
AverageJoe - Why you son of a . . . .!

. . . .

Drifter - Alright you guys, don't make me use FORCE. My hands will be around your neck if you want to push it. For admins and mods - yea should know better...
SilverSerpent - Har har, it's addicting. It was that Iceman's fault. GET TEM! RING HIS NECK! LOL

Now you see my reasons... ;)

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There was actually an intergrated chatroom on the site but nobody was using it..... therefore it was removed.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
There was actually an intergrated chatroom on the site but nobody was using it..... therefore it was removed.

oh ok leave it then.@desert drifter, your right but i think people around here are a bit more mature -i actually now a few sites where the shoutboxes are a great succes-

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
I would say the opposite. Check out all the people posting 'Help!!!' or 'Urgent: can't run this game!' topics...

true but you could prevent that with a shoutbox, but however i don't think people here would say things like :p :S and what the hell are you smokin. but then again the problem is that most members of the forum who post daily, log in post at the important topics and than leave till the next day.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
THANAMELESS said:
true but you could prevent that with a shoutbox, but however i don't think people here would say things like :p :S and what the hell are you smokin. but then again the problem is that most members of the forum who post daily, log in post at the important topics and than leave till the next day.

Well, that was taken from of my own community back "then", though maybe my members were a bit more compelled with insanity with topics such as "101 Ways To Dissemble A PC" and "Ways To Successfully Irritate Your Neighbors", but proves a point as people "today" haven't changed much... ;)

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
I'd of loved to of been part of your 'community' lol

But seeing as whenever i've been on a shoutbox all there have been are a$$holes or just annoying people, it's pointles, even EZ has there share of people, and especially letting guests have rights to it without a membership, that way they could come back night after night and annoy us all (since they have no membership they can't be banned), believe me, it's happened. And no these people don't have a life, besides most of us arn't on at the sametime, so we couldn't talk to one another anyway.

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I have no use for a shoutbox. I don't think I get a complete answer to a question much faster on a shoutbox, even if it's about a trivial thing. The only use I could see for it is to get the attention of Admins and Moderators fast. But on the other hand, I don't know when that would be such an emergency.

No, if you've got something to say, keep it in the forums. Or in other words: KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. (Or if you interprete it this way: Knights In Satan's Service, but that's something else entirely.) ;)

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
of course it's just an opinion but i believe that it is actually sometimes usefull. i am allso a member on www.wweholland.nl its the dutch wwe community. they have a good working system, only available for members, and nobody EVER spams on it.

BTW: you could ban non members, but then you should track down their ip first

gforce75

Cloud
Well, the site gets traffic and members still keep chatting. Adding features to a forum is time consuming and can cost money if they drain mysql resources (plus opens up to hacking). If the webmaster had more time to do this, it's a possibility. Regarding the chat, there are several great chat boxes out there. It's just a matter of time and research.

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
Well, the site gets traffic and members still keep chatting. Adding features to a forum is time consuming and can cost money if they drain mysql resources (plus opens up to hacking). If the webmaster had more time to do this, it's a possibility. Regarding the chat, there are several great chat boxes out there. It's just a matter of time and research.

money isn't a excuse, if the creator of this site would put a firefox add on the site and friendly ask people who don't yet have firefox he would make 1$ a download.

rezabrando

Make tha avatar size bigger PLEASE... 175*200 really works fine...

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Protection from spammers (automated and human), I pressume.

Well, that doesn't seem to stop them, only hinder and irritate real people (like me) who writes fast. The bots and spammers just do what we do, wait 30 seconds so I really feel that limitation serves no purpose.

Hrothgar

Have you guys ever thought of adding a few touches of custom graphics on the page here and there? I know the banner is custom, but maybe a few more parts being custom?