Downloaded Kega Fusion and rom but...

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
What's the name of the ROM? (Not the game name, but the name of the file.)

You could try this from the FAQ:

SegaCD game XYZ does not work!

1. Try activating the "perfect synch" option
2. Try deactivating the "readahead" option
3. Both Kega and Gens emulate a *MODEL 1* SegaCD. Use the recommended - I.E. Model 1 BIOSes - for maximum compatibility.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Yes it is but without it sites like this would have very little meaning or purpose.

What is a problem is discussion of or mentioning rom sites on these boards because of those copyright issues. Discussion of how to get games working however is what its all about, how people come by those roms is entirely their own affair.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
hmmmm, i seriously dont know why some of the older games still have the copyright, most of the old games from that site dont even make money, they should take away the copyrights in my opinion.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Its a legal issue. The reason emulation is allowed to exist is that while no-one is making any money from it then its not worth the time and expense for the copyright owners to pursue anyone.

Copyright exists for for a limited time (I think its a few decades) before it expires.

It doesn't just protect the original IP but the owners right to re-use that IP, which is why its important, particularly now so many old titles are being revamped and released commercially again on platforms like the PS3, Wii and 360. There are also a number of commercial retro compilations being produced now too, so its very much something that the original authors have a right to retain and protect (if you produced something would you be happy for anyone in later years to be able to take it and make themselves money from it without your permission?).

The fact copyright exists ensures emulation remains free and niche so the copyright owners leave it alone, if copyright didn't exist then emulation would be commerical and expensive. So in many ways it protects us and our hobby as much as it protects the people who own the copyright in the first place.

Zach

When you sign up.. read the rules!

Likewise when you quote the rules.. do it properly

Yeah downloading roms is illegal, but its not our job to say that.. The rule is DO NOT POST LINKS or mention the site URL.

How hard is that?

Seriously..

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Not exactly equipped to take the moral high ground though are you?. At the end of the day you indulge in the same thing everyone else involved with emulation indulges in. The fact that you do it for 'save states' doesn't give you any kind of 'pass' making it ok for you but morally reprehensible for anyone else.

This is an emulation support forum, what kind of activity did you expect its users to be involved in?. In a previous post you even recommended to a user that they should dump a game themself from their original copy to use with an emulator seemingly in a fit of superiority to show them you didn't approve of them searching for roms....you do realise that in legal terms and as far as copyright is concerned dumping a game you own for use with an emulator is absolutely no different to downloading it from a romsite don't you?.

Last edited:

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I think if people break the rules they should not let them post anything for 90 days or longer.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Not much point. The vast majority of people who break em are first time users who come asking for roms and when they are told no they don't post again anyway.

The moderation here is tight enough that a ban isn't necessary in most cases.