hi n00b here

JacautXE

hi i really dont know what im doing but trying to get epsxe to work and when i open it it says "This application ha failed to start because zlib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem." but i tried to reinstall and it wont work. any help?

BrownThunder209

Black Magic
Hi.

I had the same problem as you did but there is a simple solution.
Simply type the file name into a google search and download it once you find it. Your going to want to put the file in your main epsxe directory. That should solve the problem.

JacautXE

Thank you ^^ i downloaded the file . . . but where should i put it . . . idk what the main directory would be lol. i just put the file in the folder i downloaded epsxe to . . . like i said im not very bright haha

JacautXE

thanks ill use that site, i searched my comp for system 32 but cant find the folder . . .lol i am on lolvista which seems to make everything jumbled, could that be a problem?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
If you have a windows system ( xp or vista ) its c:\windows\system32 Other wise c:\winnt\system32 ( but I dont think its there )

If you dont have this folder you should not be able to do much, considing it cant boot with out it. ;) Like I said you can also put it in the main emulator folder.

JacautXE

haha i put a space in it so couldnt find it . . . well i tried in the main folder, and in system32 and it still gives me the same message =/ so any ideas now? lol

Holland Guy

Wacked Out Humanoid Being
have you unzipped the file (if it's in a zip folder, that is...)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You know what is weird. I got this error last night. I needed to open up epsxe to test something. I never got this error before. I downloaded zlib and put the dll in the epsxe folder and the problem was fixed. What a coincident.

Ok do this.

Right click on epsxe.exe and go to properties.
Highlight the location line.
Copy it and paste it in here.

Do the same for zlib..

I want to see you directory structure.

JacautXE

ty ty ty got it working. it wouldnt let me put it in progamfiles\epsxe so i reinstalled it to documents instead and downloaded the dll in there and it works just fine =D now outta curiosity anyway to get a memory save from my memory card to my computer? lol i know there is a item for ps3 that uses a usb cord, would that work?