A little help...?

mogg3

Hey, im quite new to this, wich may be the reason why it aint workin...
I dl'ed the epsxe (spelling?) emulator, configged it as the guide on this page said, and now i try to play FFIX from the cdromdriver. It works as far as the emulator finds the game and starts playing it (or sumthin like that) but then I get a black screen, and nothing else happens, unless i press esc, then the game exits.
Anyone know what I can do to make it work?

mogg3

Sounds like fun, the more funny thing would be if I COULD play games without getting the black screen...

cromtom

Hi all.
I'm also getting that problem. If anyone finds the solution pls post it.
Thanks to all.
CROM**TOM**

Corey4666

Originally posted by mogg3@Sep 15 2004, 01:33 PM
Hey, im quite new to this, wich may be the reason why it aint workin...
I dl'ed the epsxe (spelling?) emulator, configged it as the guide on this page said, and now i try to play FFIX from the cdromdriver. It works as far as the emulator finds the game and starts playing it (or sumthin like that) but then I get a black screen, and nothing else happens, unless i press esc, then the game exits.
Anyone know what I can do to make it work?
i had a problem too with that
your disc if its burend your files are curropted or somthin
cuz i had files downloaded of web site and burend them and i got a black screen
on my ePSXe when i tryed to play them
so i barrowed the same game that i downloaded before, from a friend then used it and it worked

Corey4666

Originally posted by mogg3@Sep 18 2004, 06:11 PM
How do one make images of the cd then?
BTW, its a "real cd" not copied or anything
ok then its a real cd not burend then i cant help you try messing with the plugin or change ps1 emus
and y would you wanna make and image of a cd when you got the real copy?

WellWellWell

Originally posted by Corey4666@Sep 18 2004, 07:11 PM
y would you wanna make and image of a cd when you got the real copy?
Sometimes I find that an image will work better than the cd itself, and visa-versa(sp?)

nesman

If you use a CD, it will take longer to load a game since you have to wait for the drive to spin. But a CD image doesnt wait for the CD drive to spin so I usually prefer the CD image.

mogg3

Yay, I made an image, and im coming a bit closer to my goal for playing, now the whole screen gets black, instead of a small window...

Maybe its time for me too goof around with the video config and stuff...