.xbe help needed

genetic

my xbox has broken..think its the power supply because it will not turn on.. anyway im wanting to play a current game that i own and need to use this emulator called xeon. now i know im going to be asking something that is treading on hot water but i Reassure you it is to play a game i own and to backup any other games i wish to. I DO NOT INTEND TO USE THIS FOR haxBox USE!!! I need to know what a .xbe (xbox executable) is and the process needed to get a game (not saying retail!) from a cd into xbe format. If you find this to go against anything plz notify the moderator and he will yell at me. other than that i think im asking a legal question :).

thank you
-Genetic

onewecallgod

it doesnt matter.... youre still asking for illegal shit. stop wasting your time because xeon cant play games properly yet (nothing else will either)

EDIT: i'm retarded. assumed too much, sorry. ^ please ignore post

genetic

wow...You could have been polite about it. I was polite :) And no not really...ITs not illegal to Do this process with non-retail games.. so essentially its info given for that. Next time take aggression out on a pillow :D

Chaos

Realy Evil guy
as far as i know, getting an game for backup pourpoues is not illegal, and the xbe is proply an rom or an file to make it run on an x-box, prehapas. also if you wait an bit, you would be able to play thoses game straight off the cd, with out putting them on your computer. also the are cheep places to repair x-box

genetic

where? I was thinking of just buying a new power supply soon...But seeing as though you cant play games now ill just fix my xbox and be done with it :p thx guys

onewecallgod

ok sorry bout that, edited my post.

anyways xbe files can only be converted through the xbox for now (if the conversion didnt need the xbox, then emulation would pretty much be complete). the only way you can make an xbe file is by having a chipped xbox connected to your comp through LAN

onewecallgod

Originally posted by IndianCheese@Oct 21 2004, 08:52 PM
best xbox emu ever: cxbx
its supposed to work
it works.... boots turok and runs a few seconds of it, after that it crashes.... i guess technically it does work