Roms

animemulator

Are roms illegal if u don't have the cartridge

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Chaos@Sep 14 2004, 11:30 PM
Acoriding to where i been, it not illegal if you already own the roms, as you will be having it as an backup, but it is illegal if you don't own the game.
but the thing about that is: the fast majority of people who download roms dont own the game, so its assumed (guilty until proven innocent) that you want it illegally

Corey4666

Originally posted by onewecallgod+Sep 15 2004, 04:33 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (onewecallgod @ Sep 15 2004, 04:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chaos@Sep 14 2004, 11:30 PM
Acoriding to where i been, it not illegal if you already own the roms, as you will be having it as an backup, but it is illegal if you don't own the game.
but the thing about that is: the fast majority of people who download roms dont own the game, so its assumed (guilty until proven innocent) that you want it illegally [/b][/quote]
Indeed, I agree with onewecallgod

animemulator

K i'll make sure not to download any i don't have.
How many people here have roms but not the cartridge.
Cause come on who still owns Atari cartrides and Pong

M.H.A.Q.S.

I download roms that i don't have on a cartridge. :lol:

Zach

THe law will not protect you unless you make the backup yourself, from your own physical cartridge/disc/whatever

Devices which allow this (namely, CART dumpers) are illegal.

You do the math

ShadowWarrior

Originally posted by M.H.A.Q.S.@Sep 16 2004, 08:24 AM
I download roms that i don't have on a cartridge. :lol:
Hahaha... 8]

Edit: Oops, I didn't read your comment carefully. Hehe, I thought you meant satirically you download games that don't have a cartridge... 8]

belmont

Not exactly...
Rom dumping hardware for GBA (widely known as flash cards) is cheap nowadays (70 to 100 euro).
By using the same cable you would use to write the card you can easily dump GBA games,I've tried it with my original cards and worked for most of them.You don't really need technical knowledge for older games,only for newer ones that use strange save tupes and have copy protection.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
YEAH all my roms are illegal and i will not be hunted down and destroyed for that :))))))))))))

For what to download roms that you own in cartdriges ,it will be of no use.