Favorite "Old School" game system

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
What is your favorite old school game system? For obvious reasons let's not list things like the SNES and Genesis/Mega Drive, ok?

My choice would be the good old Atari 2600. It was the first game system I got.

belmont

There were many great old school game systems out there...Apart from the Atari consoles we had NES,Master System,Gameboy and more.I would choose Gameboy because it was the only game system from them I had.Gameboy and GameGear were the systems I grew up with.
GB showed to us thay gameplay was all that matters.
On GB I played my first rpg (and Final Fantasy) game FF:Legend,my first adventure (Shadowgate) and my first Zelda game (Link's Awekening) and most of all my first Castlevania game (The Castlevania Adventure).
Of course GB had some of the best 2d platforms and rpg's that were ever released.
I still remember how strange I felt when I fought God on the end of FFL,the traps in the Swadowgate castle.Even know I an not really sure that happened in Zelda:LA...Did this world really exist?

JeremyStCyr

my favorite would be the old school nes reason why is becuase when i was young maybe 13 or so i entered a tourney playing Super Mario 3 and other games and came in second so that was a great experience and thats why i love nes to this day still

Corey4666

i dont think n64 is really that old but i miss n64 and the game Perfect Dark
and super smash bros
even thou im been using 64k often, online Perfect Dark wont work it dysncs to much
and golden eye does the same as perfect dark online
but i usally play
super smash bros
mario kart
mario party 2
those games work pretty good online

shadowwoelf

aa good old n64 i like playing the games on my computer way better graphics but i would have to say that i liked snes the best since that was my first gaming system and what drove me to learn how to program :D

Jale

My first videogame system was Atari, but I don't remember if it was 2600. The game I liked the most there was Pacman.

Zach

I feel sorry for Pac-Man on the Atari. Good game, but just far too limited on the system.

My favorite will always be NES, and Commodore 64 coming in second.

Jale

Well, yeah. I have a plenty of consoles and I've played most of the time with my NES. About for 5 years...

My latest console is the Nintendo Gameboy Advance, and soon, Nintendo DS ;)

Dead Zed

The Commodore 64 was by far my fav.
I remember the only games I had were a baseball game and some puzzle that I played days on end! :) That's my fav of all time.. Memories...

RockY

L H D T P M
Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Sep 14 2004, 08:58 PM
What is your favorite old school game system?
NES
I played many great games with it. And still playing, thank God emulators are here :p

Jale

- Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3
- Duck Hunt
- Little Nemo: The Dream Master
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

SladeXR

My first video game sys was some Atari with built in games, but I can't remember the model. I was so long ago I can remember only Tom Boy game. I didn't like it though and I got rid of it quick...
My real pleasure was the NES, but it wasn't exactly a NES. It was something like "Family Game" - some kind of NES Chineese knock off with built in games (thosands versions of mario, virtual pool, contra, lode runner, baloon fight, arabian nights, duck hunt, rockman 1, kung fu and some others). It looked totally different from the original NES but used compatible cartridges. The best thing was that the pirate cartridges contained like 8-10 different games for a low price - quite good bargain, eh?

hellfire2982

Well, i no N64 isnt that old, but its DA BEST system!!! It has a sh**-load of awesome games!!! like super smash bros., conkers bad fur day, 007 goldeneye, etc... :lol: