Pong Anyone??

JoshM22

I have played this on Yahoo arcade or something like that back in 2005. I have never played the Atari or Colecovision one.

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Pong is a good game it was hard for me to win. MAME did have it but not anymore. :(

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Pong is a good game it was hard for me to win. MAME did have it but not anymore. :(

Pong is still emulated in MisFit Mame.

It was taken out of core mame because its not CPU based and it was simulated rather than emulated.

For an excellent PC based alternative you should try Plasma Pong...excllent freeware title.

JohnLaury

Yeah, I'm old... I've actually played the real world PONG at the local YMCA years and years ago (probably close to 25 or more). Even at that, it was strange to see a PONG game anywhere as new fangled stuff like Pacman and the like were the big games at that time. At age 12, (1976/1977) I was actually introduced to my very first arcade game, Breakout, which was a single player hack of pong, had color, and was more advanced. Then Space Invaders came along, Asteroids, Sea Wolf, Atari Football, Pacman, and Super Bug. Personally, I was never overly impressed with PONG as it was not much of a challenge, and the graphics and sound were so bad that even being a new thing, it was clear that the technology had room for improvement. I respect PONG for it's place in gaming history as one of the trail blazers of computer arcade games, but other than that, I've always kinda cringed at the game itself :)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Ah, Pong ticked me off more then anything, while I played more of further games such as Circus, Breakout, Adventure (Atari), Pacman, Space Invaders, Galaxian, Marios Bros., Donkey Kong, to my favorite (which many quarters where spent): Dig Dug...

T2 and Gauntlet Legends where probably the last two arcade games I've played...

Zach

I've just gone through, hopefully thuroughly and gotten all these particular users and their posts, or at least removed their active sigs, and banned them.