The car of the future

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I believe that it is coing to be something that uses a form of clean fuel. If that is the case the electric/solar powered is my prime candidate.

What do you think?

Motoko

U need a flux capacitor to use piss, thats what Doc used on his car.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Some people recommend water powered cars that simply break the water to hydrogen and oxygen. The output should be pure oxygen as the hydrogen will be used as fuel.

Badger

wouldn't it be wiser to use the oxygen to help combust the hydrogen? then the output is water again.

Zach

What happens when you get into a wreck though

Do you and the rest of the highway burst into flames for 3 square miles ??

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
To be exact..... yes. Both mine and Badger's solutions could result in a small nuclear explosion. Is that a problem? :rolleyes:

onewecallgod

since hydrogen power is being so heavily developed, i'm sure theyve addressed this problem and have a solution.... at least they better

El Fugitivo

I'm sure there will be cars that are relatively safe to drive (i.e., tanks, '67 Impalas) and ones that will explode at the slightest fender-bender (i.e. Gremlins, Pintos). It's all about containment and armor-plating.

WellWellWell

Containment! That's what I was thinking. They could probably put the engine in a box that would contain the explosion somewhat.

Or they could just let all those speed-racer kids die in horrible car accidents.

Buhutz

Or one day they will create roads layered with electric magnet and the car with the opposite pole of the magnet so the car will float and be pushed forward :D.

SladeXR

It'll probably look like a science report, but water breakdown consumes so much energy that you need a power plant connected to your car if you want to use water. On the other hand hydrogen is hard to come by since it flew off in space long time ago, pushed away by oxygen and other gasses. To produce hydrogen from water you need alot of electrical power and thus it becomes economically unprofitable. The alternative is the biotech way - bacteria used to produce hydrogen, but so far at very low rate. In my opinion the future is nuclear power :D. The problem is that car would weight 5-10 tons.

Jale

The problem is that car would weight 5-10 tons.
You're right, it'll require a lot of power to lift a car of that weight, unless they use an anti-gravity stuff... :rolleyes: