SegaCD saving

CelestialWyrm

So i have been replaying the classic game Shining force 1 and 2, using Fusion 3.51. They both are great games, and after about 10 minutes of playing the first one, i saved within the game and quit, then restarted and was dismayed that the game never saved. I assumed that was because there was no actual internal memory in the genesis, but i solved the problem by discovering save states. that allowed me to "save" my progress as a i played. i just finished shining force 2, and discovered another game, shining force cd, which took place 20 years after the original shining force. i downloaded it and tried it on Fusion using the SegaCD image load. it plays just fine, although the first battle has no music...i dont know if that is a sound file problem or there just isnt music for the first battle...anyway i remembered the issue with saving about halfway through the first battle, so i tried save state, and discovered that fusion doesn't currently support SegaCD save states. so, the grand question is, how do I save my progress? The in game save doesn't work, nor do save states. I tried something with the RAM cart...but no dice. Any help? I would love to play this through.

Debrutsid

So Gens does support saving for sega cd? heh.
My how it would be nice to just need one emulator for all 8-16 bit sega games