Your Favorite Emulator and Why

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
My favorite emulator is Mupen64, because its a plugin system and it can achieve
near perfection in emulation, graphics and sound. and that it also has many cool features, the the standard save state component, and that you can switch to 3 different operating cores, like recompiler and interpreter. it can also do screen shots, its the only n64 emulator that i know of that can do that, it can also record replays, so you could play back things that you wanted. and if you wanted, you could also turn those replays into AVI Movie Format. Its also compatible with almost any n64 rom.

and so, that all my reasons to love my favorite emulator, on to you,

spotanjo3

There are no favorites for me but I really like are SNES9X and PCSX2.

SNES9X: Because of save state component and I love classic games I guess.

PCSX2: Because I dont own ps2 console and I love Klonoa and Castlevania so it is a must for me. Great speeds on Core 2 Duo with GeForce 8800 GT 512mb and 2gb of ram! Awesome speed. :p

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
First off this is totally in the wrong area.. That or you meant what is you favorite n64 emulator.

But as suggested my fav emu.

ultrHLE: As is was the first emu to prove n64 emulation really possible, and a turning point in emulation its self. :bow:

snes9x: because of the features. zsnes does do better in some cases, but I love the snes9x interface.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
First off this is totally in the wrong area.. That or you meant what is you favorite n64 emulator.

But as suggested my fav emu.

ultrHLE: As is was the first emu to prove n64 emulation really possible, and a turning point in emulation its self. :bow:

snes9x: because of the features. zsnes does do better in some cases, but I love the snes9x interface.

i know, it was too late to catch my mistake, but i did mean my favorite n64 emulator

JoshM22

My favorite emulator would have to be Project 64. It runs games at an acceptable level. The only problem is stuttering sound and slow downs when you wanna bring up menus. The game freezing can be a pain too. I would get Mupen 64 emu but i have an old computer and it just can't reproduce that smooth stream line look that the N64 has.