Emus For Moble Phones

Mourgos

Are there any emus for mobile phones at all because I don't find any.
I'm looking emus for panasonic gd87 so if anyone knows anything please let me know.

J

Jet Set Willy

Emulators which run on phones emulating other systems, or emulation of phones?

We've had this thread before. I asked this question before. Beef?

Mourgos

Emulators which run on phones emulating other systems.I thought it was clear .
What would the point be having an emu emulating a mobile phone on a pc anyway ? :blink:

El Fugitivo

Well, entertainment-wise you could play proprietary games that are only available on certain phones, and I suppose you could probably call people (and keep a digital phonebook).

Educationally, it would allow you to design programs and things for your own phone and work out the kinks without permanently destroying a $100 investment (or however much cell phones cost these days).

Mourgos

A friend of mine told me that he had a mame chip installed on his mobile phone(I don't know exactly which model it is but it's one of these that have a camera on them).
Have you heard this before or is he just bullshiting me ?

donkeyknob

try looking at the fone maker's site as they often have some kind of emu you can use (usually a pop-up). that mame chip is completely bullshit. as far as i know nokia 2100's can be chipped for colour screen and cameras and some ericsons can be chipped too

donkeyknob

yeah i dont see those coming round. i suppose you could take a rom and somehow make it into a java game to work on the phone. i've got soccer on mine ^_^

J

Jet Set Willy

Anybody know what sort of CPUs these phones have? Nothing more than a Z80 or 68000 - they're nothing more than calculators, are they? You couldn't emulate a hot poop on one of those.

donkeyknob

Danny- yeah, get the emu on there. now what about roms to be run? how would that work seein as most phone/java games are 50-100kb and ROMs are 500+

waz- most new fones are being designed to play mp3s, mpegs/avis and jpegs. i think the first level of pong may be emulated

J

Jet Set Willy

I think though that they use special DSP processors for those particular tasks. I wonder how well they function at general tasks.

donkeyknob

that site is working particularly well at the moment, ill look later. but i still dont see the point of emus on phones. the java game thing makes much more sense to me

caleb

good idea, an emulator on a phone. then u can like have a portable emulator instead of having 2 play it on ur computer.
it might be possible, there are cords that u can attach to ur computer from ur fone which transfers files, the only problem would b if the phone has enough memory for the emulator