Good Anti-Virus

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Im looking for a good Anti-Virus that uses very little resources. Can anyone recommend one?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
AVG8 Free edition or NOD32. :)

Go with NOD32 if you can as it is rated alot higher than AVG8 but you will have to purchase a license.......

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Of course I will ""purchase"" a license

spotanjo3

AVG is an excellent program.. You should those:

AVG Free (freeware)
AVG Internet Security (trial and purchase)
NOD32 (trial and purchase)
kaspersky (trial and purchase)

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I just started to use Avast Pro. Seems ok

JoshM22

I have used AVG for about 2 years till someone told me about a German anti virus program. He said this was better: Avira Anti Vir Personal Free Anti-Virus. What i like about it is this software is freeware and it detects sites that might harm your computer and blocks active X controls from that site. It also warns you before you enter the site that it could be harmful to your computer. AVG does not do that. :)

Zach

I've used that german one before and was also pretty satisfied with it. Just hated the annoying nag screens..

At any rate I switched over to NOD32 for other reasons, but either are perfectly good

JoshM22

Yeah the nag screens are a little annoying, but i can live with it. Probably will never buy a anti-virus program ever. No point in buying new software updates every year or so. It is really a rip off to all that buy it IMHO. Why pay for something when you can get for free i say.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
hehe, if you had a mac you really wouldnt need that anti virus stuff, thats why i might get a mac

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I am using NOD32 Business Edition since early 2007 and until now i am getting a little bored ,because i haven't seen a virus or a malware in such a long time :)

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
lol ,its working its working :)

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I have TrendMicro right now......is it good? I got it cause my friend works at Best Buy and with his dicount it was like 7$