Amstrad Emulator

Thoughtful

I am on the right track with the loading but the screen just hangs there when i tell it to load a game......

Very frustrating.

I asked people in a chatroom and they all laughed at me and told me I was stupid :angry:

The readme file for the emulator was confusing and not very helpful, I also looked at a site which promised to walkthrough the use of the emulator and it was referring to files that don't even exist on my computer!?!? :huh:

I'm fairly certain I have DL the correct ROMs for the Emulator (or the correct emulator for the ROMs!!) but I am no closer to playing them.

The "tutorial" is here http://www.sean.co.uk/books/amstrad/emulator.shtm

The Emulator I got is here http://www.work.de/nocash/cpc.htm

I hope someone can help me solve this as I am a bit :angry: and also :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

J

Jet Set Willy

Exactly where do you get stuck? Please don't say "at the beginning" because then people won't feel like helping you.

Thoughtful

I get the Amstrad version of a "desktop" I tell it to load the game ROM and it says "Press play then any key" I press any key.... and wait.....

That's where I get stuck. Nothing happens, as I said, it just hangs.....

:)

J

Jet Set Willy

Are you loading the correct sort of ROM? The way you're doing it is how you'd load a tape file. Maybe the ROM you have is a snapshot or memory image? In that case you'd need to load it different, perhaps there's a menu item labelled something along the lines of "Load Snapshot..."?

Thoughtful

Ah now that I don't know!

I assumed that the Zip archives I download has all the necessary files in them....

I have had a look and all this particular ROM zip has is this file: Pyjamarama (UK) (1985) [a1].dsk

Another ROM zip archive has other files, like this: fruitmac.dsk and file_id.diz

I don't know if I need more files, this is all completely new to me!

Thanks for your continued help!

J

Jet Set Willy

Ah, I think those are disk files - probably why this isn't working for you. Is there a "Load Disk" or similar menu item anywhere?

If you keep having problems, drop me a message and I'll give you my e-mail address. You could send all your emulator files to me, I'll work out how to set them up, and send you instructions. Good luck.