GC ISO on Wii

RiderLeangle

I've been trying to find a game but couldn't so I downloaded an ISO of it, but my PC is too sucky to run a Gamecube Emulator, Can I use those USB ports on the back to play it?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
If I understand you right. You want to play an GC iso on the wii. From what I know the Wii is backward compatible with GC games. Should be able to play it in the drive. Provided you get the copy protection in order.

spotanjo3

No Mod Chip, No DVD Burner, I don't even have a working CD drive at all. I meant putting an ISO on a USB hard drive and plugging it into the USB port.

Then you can't! You must have PreModded Wii for it to work. It doesnt matter if you can putting an ISO on a USB hard drive and plugging it into the USB port. Sorry.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You have to mod it, Nintendo would never allow you to load a game other then an original disc. Unless there are some card / swap tricks but most new systems have prevented those.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

What about if you use an SD card and that Twilight Princess trick?

You still have to have pre modded wii to do that also. If you can do that with no pre modded wii then wii will be sold out easily. So you will need pre modded wii even with homebrew too. :)

spotanjo3

No, you can do that without modding if Nintendo of America is stupid enough but you can't do that without modding, that's it. You can't.