Noob I Am

ShockWave

I've never used a PS emulator.

Right now I'm having a problem with AdrillePSX Emu. I'm trying to run a game (FFT, it's a .bin file) and when I open it I get an error message saying: "EMULATION ERROR: Unsupported MIPS CPU Instruction."

I'm really stupid.

So any help is appreciated.

ShockWave

er...

i'm having a hard time with epsxe as well. you probably know it better that adrille.

when i try to open a file, it only works with .zips, or .exe's the file im running (name: Final.Fantasy.Tactics.NTSC.US.bin and .cue) so.

:\ dunno i need that (those) in a .exe

??

J

Jet Set Willy

.bin and .cue are CD images. I can't remember if ePSXe can load those as it can ISOs, but if you download Daemon Tool you could mount the images and read them in as emulated drives.

onewecallgod

another member here had the exact same problem, and we never got to the bottom of it. what are your specs?

ShockWave

uh

my vid card is a nvidia geforce4 mx440... my comp should be able to run any playstation game with ease. i've played games like halo with it, so no worries there.

i'll try the daemon tool for now, but as i said, i dont know what im doing, so i might need some help.

thanks

ShockWave

wait... when i try to "Run ISO" (which loads .bin's .img's and .iso's), a (black) window pops up, loads some crap, followed by another black window, and the loading is done..

nothing happens. its goes away too fast for me to read it, too.

edit - im screwing around... i got to run the .cue (with the daemon tools) and it said "Unable to mount image. Cue sheet: line 1 - File not accessable."

im guessing if i do something right with this daemon, it should work. but i dont know how to use it, lol :L

G

Gigashock

i have that game also in *.bin and I played it well on the epsxe. try on pete's d3d plugin to set nice or simply select enable FPS limit (or whatever). it should work.

nesman

Sebastian had that problem...we never did get to the source of that problem...

EDIT:Where is that thread anyway?