Your Most Memorible Boss Fights...

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
As an "avid" gamer myself, I've come across some interesting games over time, but beside that, boss fights seem to be the most recalled then any, so out of curiosity: What's the ones you have come across that make them memorable and spectacular? Be sure to add a "description" also. ;)

1 - Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Coming across King Koopa while jumping to dodge his flames and landing on the axe behind to rip that bridge right out from under him, though don't understand the fire pit below, as Bowser may be "fire-resistant"...

2 - Super Metroid (SNES)
The final fight with Mother Brain, the second "surprising" form, though probably the most known boss fight around...

3 - Super Mario 64 (N64)
After all this time, got to be the best boss fight, as Mario can grab Bowser by the tail and swing him around...

4 - Star Fox 64 (N64)
The appearance of a giant head and hands "Andross himself" is probably quite bazaar, but different, especially when launching bombs into his mouth and watching smoke form out of his ears...

I'm sure there's probably others, but not really quite "compelled" to list it all, so why don't you...

Have fun & happy gaming. ;)

IpOoTeD

Type Killer
Call of Duty 4. The boss was really easy, just give him a bit of 9mm shots but they way the ending story line went was so emotional, I swear I was about to cry.

Zach

When I was about 7 years old, I was playing Super Mario Bros. at the house of some friends my grandmother dragged me too, as was often the case when I was home sick, etc. from school..

Well I beat world 1-4 and thought I beat the game, and ran up and down the stairs screaming "I beat king koopa! I beat the game! I beat koopa!"

I eventually meandered back to the TV set and discovered I was sitting at the start of world 2 - 1.... Denied! It was fair...

Later on, I had a friend with Streets of Rage 2, and that's how I got hooked on my favorite beat'em up game. We made it pretty much a ritual to play through the game and beat the shit out of Mr. X just because we had nothing else to do.. Sometimes we would just turn the game on and go into sound test, and turn up the TV to listen to random BGM tunes while hanging out around his dads basement Bar, drinking soda and talking about how cool the game, and other stuff was.

A few years later, I had some other friends where it was more like I was friends with the whole family (brother, sister, mother and father - who liked his own video games too. He bought an SNES for himself but LET his kids use it, lol) Back then FF7 was out and it was a big deal cause no game had been presented in such cinematic fashion and quality up to that point, much less an RPG. I used to take my deck over there and play PSX games on their nice big 30 or 40" TV (it was damn big is all I know).. Mostly end game boss fights and stuff, to show off the PSX games and their cool FMV's & endings..

Ah those were good times....

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Mike in Mike Tyson's punch out. - Gave me a bit of a challenge before any guides were out.

metroid mother brain, I rememebr I could just suicide my self on the top of the container and missile her to death.

supper metroid just made it all the more better.

The second level of altered beast in a kohls department store (actually the first kohls store ever built)

Zelda 64 the fight where you have to battle your shadow.

Ninja Gaiden Bosses, they all were hard to beat.

The snake sea monster on Kid Icarus. Just remember that one well.

The last boss on rygar.

Most memorable for me is the first castle Vania game. Count, then the monster he turns in to. Oh and you though you were done!!! At the time 85 I think your only help was nintendo power. I never saw or used it until 87. I remember that game was so hard most people took it back!!. The day I finally beat that monster I actually took pictuer of the ending to prove it to classmates.

Last edited:

Zach

No... I just can't stand seeing such a great title misspelled all the time, by even truer fans than myself at times! :mad:

I just remembered the first time I played Knights of Xentar, hehe...

One of the first few bosses I dealt with after you being to explore outside of the starting town for the rest of the game, was a Wolf.. I found this peculiar little cabin all by itself in the middle of the wilderness on the "world map"...

So I enter and there is a Wolf standing (on all twos) over a half dressed girl named Clara, that he is about to start raping... Had I not shown up of course.

Well the whole game was full of weird situations like that, but I killed the Wolf, and the Hero got to "eat" her instead of the Wolf..lol.. That girl was a certified PHREAK.. The Hero stayed the night after saving her and of course banged her. By then it was like noon the next day and he wanted to sleep and she was like "Great, I love mid day sex!" The torture!

The Japanese sure are weird.. Disney would be rolling in his grave.. This other girl was tied up in a bondage situation by..I think 7 midget dwarfs, ravaging her entire body.. haha Snow White and the 7 midget rapers?? Her name was Priscilla oddly enough and she liked to be tied up, which she made the Hero do to..

I dunno this game and its funny encounters were very memorable because I was 14 or 15 at the time and had never played a game like that in my life.. It was a good game seperate from all the Hentai stuff though.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
OH look at you, its a space.. Your just jealous Akmodan gave you the beat down so many times your whip got wrapped around youy head so tight you had Grimmy's coming out your... ;) Easy there Zach, its a space..LOL

If you want to get technical its Castlevania not CastleVania.

Last edited:

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
All the Ginja Gaiden Games on the (NES)

Blaster Master (NES)

Mike Tysons Punch Out (NES)

Damon Sword (NES)

Journey to Silius (NES)

Castlevania 1, 3 (NES)

1943 (NES)

There are more but I do not have all day :)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
-Brain Lord (SNES)
In the second dungeon (the ruins) fighting a giant sphere-like-vacuum-cleaner... The team of Enix is brilliant when it comes to "bosses"...

-Shadowrun (SNES)
Fighting the owner of "Drake Inc.", being surprisingly quite a "Drake" himself... Also with the final gun-fight, after blowing up the last computer, was disappointingly "automated"...

-Yoshi's Island (SNES)
The final boss battle, though a heavy pain-in-the-backside getting there, a first "Yoshi vs. Bowser" fight as after "stomping" out a baby Boswer, you fight a "much-bigger" form with awesome guitar riffs blaring in the background while Bowser gets yoked in the face... A superb display of graphics as of the time with fireballs hitting the screen and Bowser rampaging towards ya...

-Castlevania 64 (N64)
In Castle Keep, after the dead beast on the floor gets woken up, he cracks all his joints while running around to "whip" the flesh and guts off, though what's most memorable, is after defeating the beast, roast beef is dropped to the floor. Nothing like rye and rotted meat... Like Reinhardt states "Ahh, tasty!"... Of course you can find more hidden in lamps and banisters, as a past future "stash"...

-Hybrid Heaven (N64)
At the last part, finally getting to fight Diaz and kicking some sense into his head while with a count down... Nothing like a bloody fist-fight during all hell breaking loose at the same time.

Zach

I didn't think 1943 had a boss...doesn't that shit go on forever, just increasing the difficulty?

Also.. Journey to Silius has bomb ass music.. I got two Rock tracks out od it I always carry around in my car.

IpOoTeD

Type Killer
Not all the memorable boss fights were back in the day (I wasn't around then, lol)

Well, actually, yeah . . . but . . . yeah . . . arghh . . .

My brain is thinking too hard. Just post what you think about CoD4's ending.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
my two most memorable boss fight were for the legend of zeldas series.

Ocarina of Time:
when i finally beat the first faze of ganadorf i was like YES! I BEAT THE GAME!
and then when i found out that i had to climb down the castle while it was crumbling i was like ......... oh hell no! and when i finally managed to get down the castle i was happy because i thought then i finally beat the game, but no! there was another faze of the boss! i was like, awwww, come on and give me a break! i want to finish the game now! and then i beat him, and i was prepared for another boss faze to come up, but that was the end.

Majora's Mask

The woodfall temple boss:
-.- wow, this guy is really lame isnt he?

Hrothgar

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes - Psycho Mantis. Gotta love the out of the box thinking here. I actually thought he was funner to fight than the final boss,

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Tabuu. The first time I fought him, it was cool, but that's not the part that's memorable. IT was beating him in Boss Battle mode on Insane that was memorable, and hard as shit.

Zelda: Link to the Past - Ganon. God damn flaming bats of hell! WTF, where's the floor going! I do want to say though that this game had a lot of memerable bosses. I fought the butterfly thingy with only losing half a heart, that was freaking awesome.

Zelda: Twilight Princess - Dragon. I think the boss battles were the best part about the entire game. My favorite part was especially fighting the dragon in the light temple. With two hook shots you were doing the spider man thing.

Chrono Trigger: Lavos - typical 3 form RPG villain, and still awesome as crap. This is the battle where you went ALL out, and pulled out all the crazy duel and triple techs.

Of course there are a lot of boss battles I truely love, but these are the main ones.