So can you run ROMS via Wii?

Zach

My bro has had a Wii for a while now and he likes it, which is great.. He's bought some Virtual Console games also, though I went through the list with him just now and found it highly dissatisfying in terms of selection.

I know there was this buzz about possibly loading ROMs on the Wii since it emulates other consoles, but I never looked up and can't seem to find any real specifics.. Google just gives me results of people asking the same question I am and getting half assed answers from people who don't appear to know what they are talking about and just contradict each other, or end up arguing other something else like Nintendo's protection scheme and other crap.

Is there any concrete evidence showing it can be done?

kandarian

Lumine Infinite
Depends on - if your wii is chipped, then it can run something called GCOS, and GCOS can run certain emulators. Otherwise, there is a thing called "Twilight Hack", which (with together with Zelda:TP) can run homebrews, and install wads on your wii. Most VC games are in the .wad format, but ofcourse, that is illegal - so you *cough*shouldn't*cough* do that. I also heard something about a wad packer, which can load roms in .wad, but i don't know how that works.