Russia keeping it real about Communism

Zach

HAHA.. It's all over the web, and in the news..

The Russian Communist Party wants to ban Indiana jones.. Among such reasons are these comedy gold mines..

"Why should we agree to that sort of lie and let the West trick our youth?"

He said many Russian cinemagoers were teenagers who would be "completely unaware of what happened in 1957", when the film is set.

"They will go to the cinema and will be sure that in 1957 we made trouble for the United States and almost started a nuclear war.

"It's rubbish... In 1957 the communists did not run with crystal skulls throughout the US."

The Associated Press news agency quoted Moscow Communist official Andrei Andreyev as saying: "It is very disturbing if talented directors want to provoke a new Cold War."

Who knew a FICTIONAL piece of ENTERTAINMENT could cause so much trouble?? Funny though, I don't recall the Germans bitching about the previous 3 movies....

Way to stifle free expression, that's the Communist way after all! :D

Maybe Russia would prefer to make their own film about the 60's, a paltry 5 years after this films time period, when they DID almost start a Nuclear War by trying to aim Missles at us 90 miles off our coastline...... Nahhhh, too boring, the Putin youth would never believe such rubbish..

Speaking of our good buddy Flatumere Pootin.. He gracefully stepped down as president recently.. But don't fret! He was immediately appointed Prime Minister, and began expanding the powers of his new office, like any diligent, self respecting KGB trained Dictator would.

Last edited:

Hrothgar

Lol, and what's funny is that the Germans that were shown in the originals were portrayed so stereotypically and outlandish intentionally so people wouldn't take it so seriously, which will probably be the same for the Russians in this movie. I'm very sure the citizens of Russia aren't retarded and will know that the film's interpretations of 1950s Russians aren't very serious.

Zach

Well, you never know how people who live under less than free, or "presented as free" societies will react to things especially after the government of those societies interjects its own opinion..

I suppose it will be a great enough victory if the people are even allowed to see it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080523/film_nm/russia_indianajones_dc

Here is a more thurough description of the vented hatred.. They even got pissed over Armageddon ?

Last edited:

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
This just sounds like the Russians angling for an excuse to start another Cold War.

"What kind of lame excuse can we think of to hate Americans again? I'm tired of peace. We need a stimulated war economy again..."

"Well, they have this new movie out and Russians are in it."

"Tell me more..."

"Well, it's about the 1950's, so we look pretty bad in it. We could just use that as excuse for another Cold War. And we can be really offended and ban it from our cinemas. And then we can start with lame threats that escalate at a surprising and alarming rate."

"Sounds like fun. Book the press conferences."

xplics

The cold war more and more to me seems it never ended :(. If it's not whole WARS with another country. It's Charlie nonsense like the above stated about a darned movie.

Lol, and what's funny is that the Germans that were shown in the originals were portrayed so stereotypically and outlandish intentionally so people wouldn't take it so seriously