can not click start button on screen

GuitarHero

Rock Legend
i dunno how to use this its the 1t time ive ever done anything like this. im trying to play shadowgate from the nes but it has 'press start' button on the screen. i click it & it wont do anything. i have pushed enter key & nothing i dunno how to get past the title screen. please help? :confused:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
i dunno how to use this its the 1t time ive ever done anything like this. im trying to play shadowgate from the nes but it has 'press start' button on the screen. i click it & it wont do anything. i have pushed enter key & nothing i dunno how to get past the title screen. please help? :confused:

- hey man welcome to emulation. First thing we need to do here is get the idea of a PC out of your head. So stop thinking keyboards and mice. An emulators goal is to do just that emulate the original unit. So first let's get your "controller" set up. once you have that you can press start. Now most of use use a joystick since that is what you use on the console, but you may use the keyboard if you wish... You have to set up the keyboard in the control setting first. So question number one for you.. What emulator are you using..

Then we can go from there.

Last edited:

GuitarHero

Rock Legend
- hey man welcome to emulation. First thing we need to do here is get the idea of a PC out of your head. So stop thinking keyboards and mice. An emulators goal is to do just that emulate the original unit. So first let's get your "controller" set up. once you have that you can press start. Now most of use use a joystick since that is what you use on the console, but you may use the keyboard if you wish... You have to set up the keyboard in the control setting first. So question number one for you.. What emulator are you using..

Then we can go from there.

so you are saying i can hook my old NES to the pc & play like that?

if i had a choice id use the keyboad & mouse rather than the actual NES. i dont remember the excat page the download is on or which i downloaded. a friend gave it to me because i told them i wanted to play the shadowgate game from the old NES. i think it wouldve been eaier just to buy it off ebay. :confused: im not sure if that helped you any or not??

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
so you are saying i can hook my old NES to the pc & play like that?
- No, actually, not at all .. :dry: An emulator makes every attempt to do what the name emulate suggests. In other words Turing your computer in to a NES or SNES.

if i had a choice id use the keyboad & mouse rather than the actual NES. i dont remember the excat page the download is on or which i downloaded. a friend gave it to me because i told them i wanted to play the shadowgate game from the old NES. i think it wouldve been eaier just to buy it off ebay. im not sure if that helped you any or not??
- If you want to play using a mouse and key board go a head. but dont expect to click on the screen and get anywhere. You have to remember you're limited to the games controls. For example NES up, down, right, left.. select start A and B. Now If you wanted I'm sure any emulator will let you map each button to a key on your keyboard. But what in the heck are you gong to do with a mouse? The game has no mouse cursor, so its silly to think you can use a mouse, right? All you have are up.down,left,right Moving the mouse up, down, left ,or right would be a cumbersome way to do this, ya know?

Last edited: