Just installed VISTA.....

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I just installed VISTA ,and i am not able to find the folder WINDOWS.OLD which during the install it showed me that i had all my documents folders music videos etc . I am not able to find it in VISTA ,someone please help!
I am writing from my Linux partition cause windows was not able to find the driver for my ADM ethernet card?

I found out how to find my documents ,from my Linux distro ,it showed the WINDOWS.OLD which really kept all my data.

Now my question ,please any direct link to ADM ethernet card driver ?

Wow VISTA net is fast man,i already fixed it. Thanks Zach for speaking always good for VISTA,it was the reason who convinced me trying it ,and first i was not feeling good,but now that i am being used to it,it seems to me much better than XP.

The thing i like most it is its dark atmosphere who recall me CASTLEVANIA :)

Last edited:

Jale

Vista will get good through time. Anyone remember how crap Windows XP was in 2002?

Zach

XP was still a big improvement over 98/ME as far as I remember most people giving their opinions. I know I kept it from the first install as it ran great even on my crappy Duron CPU, heh..

The windows.old SHOULD be viewable from a default Vista install as they are on the same drive.. If you have a lot of folders on your install drives root directory it can be easy to miss though..

Not sure what to do about your ADM drivers, as I've never heard of them personally and google doesn't seem to turn up much.. Maybe the laptop manufacturer would have some drivers on their site or something?

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Thanks Zach but i already fixed everything and i like Ultimate version a lot.
First i didn't want to try cause i thought ,a lot of people are speaking bad about it,than i heard you say a lot of good things,and guess what ,you were absolutely right. I am writing from VISTA now.
I found (with a lot of difficulty a XP driver ,which works fine with VISTA). VISTA was nearly as good as Linux in detecting my hardware drivers ,except the Network card.

Last edited:

Mavtak

Just so you know, "Vista" isn't in all capitals. :D

Next time, though, I recommend doing a fresh install, instead of the upgrade option. Apparently the upgrade from XP works just fine, but it just seems so unclean compared to a re-format and install.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
I needed my files on XP ,that's why didn't do a fresh install , i could have sent them to my Linux Partition but my Linux Partition is just 60GB and my files are 88GB.

VISTA isn't in all capitals ???? i hope you are not speaking about the city :)

It's working like a charm ,much faster than XP SP2 Zach.

Last edited: