Dolphin is too fast

ssbmelee

I installed Dolphin on my new computer and Smash Bros Melee is running way too fat, a 2 minute match is over in like 20/30 seconds. I can't find an FPS limiter, is there anything else I can do? By the way here is the spec of my PC:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
4GB DDR2 925MHz RAM
nVidia 8800GTS G92 @ 750Mhz Core
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.40GHz
400GB Sata II 7200RPM

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
?, you can't be serious...

Are you running in wire frame mode or something? Granted that a nice set up, but surly its not running that fast? Lets say your not joking... If you have not done so, make sure every option is turn on, and up to highest quality.

Last edited:

ssbmelee

Its not in wireframe. I have it running at 4x antialias (8x makes smash bros crash), Pixel Shader 2.0, 1024x768 and dynarec is enabled. Its the beta dual core x64 version of Dolphin. Other games like mario kart double dash do not run as fast at all. If I turn off dynarec then it is way too slow. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

IpOoTeD

Type Killer
Dolphin is known to go slow, so I am assuming they didn't add a frame limiter. But that is a nice PC, I gotta tell you. Keep on trying settings that will slow it down a bit. The only way I can think of, for now.

ssbmelee

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow, I had to format my PC after a problem and lost Smash Bros! Also thanks for your comments on my PC, I built it recently, it's quite a step up from my last computer.