controller recommendations

regnad

Can anyone recommend a good controller for Project64?

I see on other message boards people recommending the Logitech Rumblepad 2, but it seems this doesn't have enough buttons -- on the right side you need well-placed A and B as well as the four C buttons, and I'm not interested in using the tiny buttons intended for start and select as the A and B.

Anyone using a controller they are happy with?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Best controller out there is a usb to n64 adapter. The adapter will run you well under 15 bucks, and the old n64 controller can be found for under 10. Otherwise I would say anything other then Logitech as they can sometimes give you issues.

regnad

I would just love to do that.

Is there another option than the Adaptoid converter if I want to use the original controller? It seems they are unavailable except for a pretty penny on Ebay.

Is Adaptoid not the only option?

regnad

I've heard that one is iffy -- that it doesn't like some controllers for some reason. Is that true?

regnad

So is there no reliable solution?

The one available converter is a crap shoot. The Adaptoid returns to production for three seconds and then the window of opportunity is gone, likely for another two years.

Is there a decent controller with six buttons on the right side?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
So is there no reliable solution?
- sure PM me.. I make them?

The one available converter is a crap shoot. The Adaptoid returns to production for three seconds and then the window of opportunity is gone, likely for another two years.
- ya I know, tell me about it....

Is there a decent controller with six buttons on the right side?
- gravis exterminator.
256_gravis.gif