Problems starting up

Nightfire

I'm not new to emulators having had used different ones in the past for DOS though with the VBA setup I can't seem to mount any ROM games I've been downloading. I've changed the file type to GB each time (as it seems GBA is not recognized when 'opening gameboy')

I try starting up Fire Emblem 5, and the screen goes from black to white, and random percentages pop up on the title bar of the emulators box, some of these going up to 102%.

I try to get Pokemon Diamound up, and I end up with "unsupported ROM size 65". Any ideas?

spotanjo3

You are using VBA for Pokemon Diamond ? The Pokemon Diamond is Nintendo DS and it will run only on no$gba... Not VBA because VBA runs gb/gbc/ and game boy advance only.

Nightfire

Alright that makes sense then. . . Don't know my games to well. Strange how it was listed as a GBA game, though *shrug*. This still doesn't explain the problem with Fire Emblem though.

Nightfire

Maybe I've been looking at this the wrong way. . .

With DOS emulators all I needed to do was access the directory manually, mount the program, and through DOS commands begin the .exe file. As this seems different, maybe a completely different process. Are there specific steps outside of unzipping the emulator, and through it simply opening the desired file once that too is unzipped?

If so, could anyone please elaborate on this? Thanks.

Nightfire

And I downloaded the no$gba emulator you mentioned to run Diamond, won't work on my end. Says "The rom-image crashed".

Still though, I've yet to find a single guide on how to get these set up. I've seen you can drag the ROMs onto the emulator icon itself, results in the same errors I described before. . . Well, anyone?

Nightfire

Alright, I've looked more into the problem and it seems as if I've got everything set up properly. I have emulator extracted, along with the game itself, the game is set on GBA type, and the emulator, VBA, is set on GBA mode. I drag the game file over the open VBA screen, the screen itself goes from black to white, and from this point does nothing.

The exact same as I've been having, only I know the %'s mean nothing as far as the game simply running, now. Still though, any help is appreciated.

spotanjo3

You need to use the edit button because you use too many posts. :)

Here it is -- a no$gba 2.6 version:

NDS Cartridge Backup Media:

62137142gm5.png

Here it is:

1. Go to OPTIONS>EMULATION SETUP and change it to Start Cartridge directly for NDS roms but if you want to play gba roms then change it back to to GBABIOS (Nintendo logo) and go to Option>Save option. Anyway, for the save type... Change it to EEPROM 64k for the most games. Now:

Click Ok then click Options>Save Options>File>Reset Cartridge

Wait... your game's save type is: Set it to FLASH 512kbytes

ENJOY!

Nightfire

Aw, edit buttons take the fun out of breaking in a new-found forum. . .

Seeing as how none of the games I had found worked even as following your instructions line by line. . . Assuming bad links.

Edited to add: Considering now that even with the different games I'm trying, and each one doing nothing but freezing my computer up entirely while running on a 1.5 GB CPU. . . Something isn't adding up with this.

Last edited:

Nightfire

Alright, edited my post. My bad.

Would this sound though like a bad file? Or a memory problem? With most things I'm able to figure these problems out, but then again, not too familiar (obviously) with this specific emulator.

Nightfire

Well I gave up on the No$GBA emul, back to VBA again as I know someone who could talk me through getting it up directly. Playing most games easy enough, but was wondering why I get a certain error with all the pokemon games I've seen. Always regarding either some battery, or 1m sub-circuit board missing.