Windows XP SP3 now available via Windows Update

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Windows XP SP3 is finally here for those that use Windows Update, and here is a direct link to the stand-alone version of SP3 for x86 XP systems (32 bit). Thanks Bink! Neowin reader WindowsNT says: "There won't be a 64bit version until Windows Server 2003 hits SP3 since they share the same code base."

Here is an interesting article regarding SP3 performance, ignoring the fact that Vista SP1 is still faster than XP SP2/SP3 users will enjoy a performance boost over SP2. When will people learn that Vista ain't all bad!

Windows® XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers’ experience with the operating system. This white paper summarizes what is new in Windows XP SP3.

http://neowin.net/news/main/08/04/29/windows-xp-sp3-now-available-via-windows-update

Jale

Looks like it's for English Windows only, since the Spanish version isn't available yet.

Jale

I have the illegal version too and I can update as long as I have a valid "original" key.

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Or you can be smart , and download a patch which makes WINDOWS from Ilegal to GENUINE. I can't tell you more . Google is your friend. That's what i did sometime ago_Or be much smarter than that and PM me. I am really happy to help persons.

Zach

Don't advertise that your giving stuff out, or I will have to pull out the ban stick...

That being said, I'm thru with that crap.. I just find images that install legit and work.. Dell OEM FTW

leon_belmont

Killer of all evil
Ok got it Zach , just wanted to help :) . I recently downloaded OEM VISTA ULTIMATE so are you saying its legal , because its from an HP worker who gave me it (put it in torrent,not give it directly to me)? I already had OEM Xp but still no updates ,so i am a little bit confused ? Besides none of them will keep us protected i 've seen some videos which shows you that WINDOWS is really full of vulnerabilities even when you have the latest patches ,updates, and antivirus software , a guy with another OS broke down in a bank server in less than 8 minutes ! I am shocked but i cannot give you the URL-s for those videos ,because i would say goodbye forever to this forum.

Last edited:

Ana

Jale why do you have a illegal OS on your PC all computers come with OS on them right or did you build it ?

Jale

I built it. I bought all hardware components separately and the hard disc was un-formatted from factory.