Want you emulator to run better

Corey4666

okay you ever run your emulator and you computer froze up and you had to restart it???
well try this trick go to the start menu then click Run...
then write in the run box----> Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks
exactly how it looks exactly spaces and every thing or just copy and paste it in your run box then i think you should wait 10 minutes because your computer is shutting down useless programs runing in the backround
then when your done waiting your computer will focus more on you and what programs you are running

Corey4666

yes im pretty sure thats how it works i use it once in a while
before playing games like gta vice city on computer
and somtime before playing emulators stuff like that :)

M.H.A.Q.S.

That's a bit lame to do. Applications like RAMIdle and Intel's App accelerator do the same job without killing any tasks. You can also use the WinXP Task Manager to do the same job.Why not get more RAM for your PC?

Corey4666

Originally posted by M.H.A.Q.S.@Aug 26 2004, 08:57 PM
That's a bit lame to do. Applications like RAMIdle and Intel's App accelerator do the same job without killing any tasks. You can also use the WinXP Task Manager to do the same job.Why not get more RAM for your PC?
i dont want to get any junk downloaded on my computer that does the same ting as the trick i use
and i dont need more ram because i have alot of ram already

M.H.A.Q.S.

If you already have alot of RAM installed in your PC then why do you have to free it. :p

OK, don't download anything, do as you like... <_<

Corey4666

Originally posted by M.H.A.Q.S.@Aug 30 2004, 03:25 PM
If you already have alot of RAM installed in your PC then why do you have to free it. :p

OK, don't download anything, do as you like... <_<
I free up my ram so programs I want to use run more stable.