another problem with no$gba

Flashpoint

ok, ive already updated to ver. 2.6a to fix the "save failed" thing. but now i have a similar problem. while playing a Phoenix Wright game i reached a save point, i saved my game, closed the emulator, went to do something that took about an hour, came back, started the game back up, and my saved data was gone. after some expirementation i realised that my data gets erased only a few seconds after closing the emulator. is there any special settings ive overlooked, any files that need to be extracted somewhere? any advice on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

PS-dont tell me to go get a DS and/or buy the game cause 1) i dont have the money for it and 2) none of the stores ive gone too sell it. also dont tell me to get a job cause ive tried that multiple times, and so far no one is looking to hire someone with no experience :glare:

spotanjo3

Use the search button ? I answered it before. :)

You have the wrong save type. Use Flash 256. :)

Then go to options again, click save option, File, reset cartridge. Viola!

33814366ho5.png

Flashpoint

tried it, didnt work. any other ideas? so far i dont think it has anything to do with the save type cause ive tried every single save type, none of them work. they all say that my game is saved, but only a few seconds after closing the program, my data gets erased. are there any other settings that should be changed? also note that im using no$gba 2.6a

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Oh... you should have told me before!! LOL! This game's save type is different. Set it to EEPROM 64kbytes. :)

Flashpoint

it still doesnt work... it does the exact thing as before when it was set to auto. it tells me that its saved and i can even load my game if i quit to the menu, but if i close the emulator my data disappears. should i just try re downloading the emulator from somewhere else?

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........... :mad:

spotanjo3

You are doing it wrong. Auto ? No, read the instruction because you are not following it. I didnt say anything about AUTO. I am talk about NDS CARTRIDGE BACKUP MEDIA and not GBA CARTRIDGE BACKUP MEDIA. Understand ? ;)

It's working fine! Read the instruction above more carefully. I did retest and save type is correct and it's working fine. :)

Last edited:

Flashpoint

yes i know but the version of the emulator im using is 2.6a, which has a slightly altered setup than the version youre talking about. my version has an auto selection under the NDS cartridge backup media box along with several others that were not on the list in your little illustration picture. youre trying to give me advice on how to use the old version, but im using a newer version that probably doesnt work the same as yours... im starting to confuse myself a little bit now:confused: if i knew how, i would put a picture of my emulator options menu to show you what im looking at

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Oh, I didnt know that you use 2.6a because I used both 2.6a and 2.5 and I donate it to no$gba developer and I have his private site which I can get a new update without have to donate it again. Anyway, how did you get 2.6a ? If you are getting it somewhere else then it is pirate and we dont supports that here.

Yeah, it have auto already.

try go back to 2.5 and change the save settings. Maybe 2.6a have a bug for this game.

Last edited:

Flashpoint

ok i now have ver 2.5 but its still doing what it was before, and yes i did change the type to EEPROM 64kbyte. it does save my game, but if the program is closed the data gets erased. i cant find anyway to make it keep the data.

spotanjo3

After you change the type to EEPROm 64kbytes then did you click OPTIONS>SAVE OPTION>FILE>RESET CARTRIDGE ??

I try the 2.5 version now, look:

25cwv9.png

I try the 2.6a version with auto, look:

26aqo4.png

See ? It's fine to me.

Flashpoint

ok i now have ver 2.5 but i still have the same problem as before, it saves my data but if the program is closed the data gets erased. i have it set to EEPROM 64kbytes, and everything seems to work fine on the emulator but it just wont keep the data. this is getting really really frustrating :dry:

spotanjo3

Strange... Something is wrong. Wait... Please try to delete no$gba.ini and try again below:

After you change the type to EEPROm 64kbytes then did you click OPTIONS>SAVE OPTION>FILE>RESET CARTRIDGE.

Flashpoint

sorry about my last post i forgot i already put one just like it and posted the same thing again, but to answer yes thats exactly what i do. i change the type along with the controls and then hit save options, then file, reset cartridge and it works. but once again if i close the program all data gets reset to default, so even if i save options, it does nothing. i even noticed that if i save my game then hit reset cartridge, the data is still there, so im thinking that when i have the program open it keeps the data stored there, but if the program is closed the data must be sent to another designated storage space, and i guess that i dont have one for it so it just deletes the data. it kinda makes sense, i think... is there anyway to create a folder or something that can hold the data and then designate it as where the data needs to be sent upon closing the program? if its not that then it might be the fact that i dont even have a no$gba.ini, i only have the program which is a .EXE and the readme.txt. if that is the problem is there anyway i can create or download the .ini thing (even though i dont know what that is), or do i need a whole new emulator program?

Last edited:

Flashpoint

... i dont know what i did but i think i got it to work. i did 3 different things: first i re-downloaded another no$gba program. then i downloaded the game's rom from another site. then i relocated my emulator program into My Documents for no reason. but now it works:D thanks for all your help though, i hope i didnt irritate you too much or turned you into this lol::fuckyou:

Last edited: