Concerning link play on BGB (gbc emu)

sciz

Does anyone know how to connect? i basically know, i and my friend right click the screen, then go to link and then there are 4 options to choose from, listen, connect, disconnect and stop listening. According to the readme file it says that one person connects, and another listens. But when you press connect/listen, you have to enter an adress. I have no idea what to enter. I tried with my ip, and he tried to listen with my ip too, but it doesn't work, it just says "opening port failed". Also, when are you supposed to connect? Cuz we're gonna link in pokemon g/s/c, so does it matter when we connect? Thanks in beforehand for the help.

sciz

well i downloaded that, but when i am the client, the ip that shows up isn't my real IP, as i have a router, and I can't change it.

XxDangerxX

er. anyone?

Hello there. Ok, when you click "Listen", just click OK on the port # that it gives you (8765 on my version of BGB). Your IP only needs to be typed in by the other person connecting to you. :) If you are still remotely interested and able, let me know how this goes for you.

Last edited: