SSF not compatible with Vista?

Tsura

The screen goes black after a small freeze, and it gives me an odd error message, atikmdag display driver stopped responding and has recovered. If it does this enough times, which they're all back to back, the OS goes pbbt. I'm guessing I MUST use XP with this emulator?

I kinda need SSF, unless Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight works with Satourne...

Last edited:

Tsura

Those compatibility things aren't always reliable, so using that as proof that it's not compatible is kinda iffy...But I'll take your word for it.

In other news, is it at all possible to change the configuration of the keyboard in Satourne?

spotanjo3

No, it is SSF site. The developer made this emulator and he said not compatible with Vista.

Satourne do not run Castlevania at all. Only a very few games playable on it but castlevania is not playable at all.

Castlevania - Unplayable. The SSF is the ebst emulator, IMO.

linlhutz

That's good to know about running it on 64bit Vista.. :)

But you already knew this, having seen the test computers on this site.

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 with the latest DirectX runtime files from microsoft.com ;)

It is also important to point out that not only is DirectX 9 needed but you should always have the latest end-user runtime files as well. Most people assume these would be available via Windows update. They are not. You need to go to Microsoft's download page and either update your DirectX install or grab the latest redistributable pack (which doesn't require going through the Genuine Advantage check).

If you do run Vista keep in mind that SRP and TAU Analyzer are not yet compatible. So if you planned on running those you're out of luck for now.

PS: CDMage, Alcohol 120% and Daemon tools work fine though.