cant get gamecube emulators

Jale

Do you have:

• Dual core processor?
  • At least 2 GB of RAM?
  • A high end video card (ie. GeForce 7900 GT or Radeon X1950)?
If the answer to any of these questions is "no", then you can't emulate GameCube or you will experience extremely low framerates (below 4 FPS).

By the way, where are you downloading this emulator?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
The reason its opening them with word-pad or media player is probably because windows doesn't have an application associated with the type of file they come in to open them with.

If the download is in a Zip file you need Winzip. If its in a rar file you need WinRar (which will also open zips), if its in a 7z file you need 7Zip.

Google will take you to the relevant downloads, although like Jale said, if your specs don't meet the requirements he posted as a minimum, then you won't get it in a playable state anyway.

Hope that helps.

Jale

Indeed. 64 bit is a-must. I haven't tried it by myself yet, having a 64 bit cappable processor. I could run Twilight Princess at full speed (30 FPS) on 32 bit, sometimes slowing down to 15 FPS.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Indeed. 64 bit is a-must. I haven't tried it by myself yet, having a 64 bit cappable processor. I could run Twilight Princess at full speed (30 FPS) on 32 bit, sometimes slowing down to 15 FPS.

If you mean 64 bit as in the OS, Not true. I'm running a dual core amd with the latest rev of dolphin on a 32 bit xp system, at very playable speeds. When playing Zelda WW, the forest haven is the only level that slows down a bit for me.

I can even set sail for the open see in a windows mode and check email and use other various apps at the same time.

dual core is now the only real requirement.

For the inquiring minds, I have an opteron 180 ( nothing supper fancy )

Oh and I here twilight is running just as well in wii support, that is next on my list to beat ;)

Last edited: