Major problems with PJ64...

Sabotage

Okay, here's the deal... two different computers, on one of them, PJ64 works perfectly. But on the other, I get these error messages, in this order:

"Graphics Error:
Direct3D failed to initialize
Error code: 8876086A
D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE"

I click "OK", then:

"Error:
The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.

Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your
folder."

I click "OK" again, then it takes me to the plugins window, where apparently, I have all of the default plugins.I click "OK", then:

"Graphics Error:
Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL device
make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct3D 6.0."

I click "OK", and I see my old friend:

"Error:
The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid.

Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your
folder."

Obviously I can't load any ROMs. And I know I have a graphics card good enough to play N64 roms, because I was playing stuff like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas without a problem (But it HAS been a while). So what's the deal here? My computer (the one I'm having this problem with) is an Acer Aspire T690 running Windows Vista, with an Intel Core 2 processor and 2 gigs of RAM. Can anyone help me?

Jale

Check if hardware acceleration is enabled in DirectX (type "dxdiag" in Start --> Run).

Sabotage

Okay, when I go to dxdiag, there's no place to enable hardware acceleration, the closest thing I see is where it says DirectX Features but all I see is this:

DirectX Features

DirectDraw Acceleration: Not Available

Direct3D Acceleration: Not Available

AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available

It's like the computer thinks there isn't a graphics card installed, but I know there is... like I said, I used to play 3D based games on it. Maybe there's something wrong with my card, or is there something simple I can do to fix it?

Sabotage

I got it working! It turns out my drivers were disabled! I just had to go to Device Manager and enable it. I can't believe I couldn't figure that out before. But still, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!:D

Sabotage

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology or whatever, but when I went into Device Manager, in Control Panel, and I clicked the little plus sign to expand under "Display Adapters", it showed Intel(R) 946 Express Chipset Family, and when I right clicked it, it gave me the option to "Enable".

So I clicked it and it's working without any major problems, except when I play Donkey Kong 64, it looks like some texture layers are missing, for example, the little numbers on the teleport pads (for those who've played the game) are missing. It's not a big deal, but I thought I may as well bring it up and see if anyone could help.

Another minor issue is that when I try and play Pokemon Stadium 2 and use the N-rage input plugin to emulate the transfer pack, when I try to load a GB ROM it says "Can't open SRAM file! Continuing with null savedata.". But that's probably due to something I'm doing wrong.

Jale

Sabotage said:
Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology or whatever, but when I went into Device Manager, in Control Panel, and I clicked the little plus sign to expand under "Display Adapters", it showed Intel(R) 946 Express Chipset Family, and when I right clicked it, it gave me the option to "Enable".
The weird thing is, why was it disabled? Some other app or game did it?

Sabotage said:
So I clicked it and it's working without any major problems, except when I play Donkey Kong 64, it looks like some texture layers are missing, for example, the little numbers on the teleport pads (for those who've played the game) are missing. It's not a big deal, but I thought I may as well bring it up and see if anyone could help.
That game has known graphic issues, even for non-integrated graphic cards. I've tested it with DirectX 8 and DirectX 9 cards. On DX9 cards I can see the numbers on pads, but pads are always opaque.
Sabotage said:
Another minor issue is that when I try and play Pokemon Stadium 2 and use the N-rage input plugin to emulate the transfer pack, when I try to load a GB ROM it says "Can't open SRAM file! Continuing with null savedata.". But that's probably due to something I'm doing wrong.
You're missing the save file (.sav).

Sabotage

It was probably an application that changed the setting, I suspect it happened when I installed a new firewall on that computer.

DK64 works fine on the other computer (one I'm using now) even though it's much older, but the newer one doesn't have anything added, it's all the stock hardware that came with it, and I think this one has a new (fancier:D) graphics card in it. So that makes sense.

JoshM22

I was currently playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time with the latest Project 64 1.6. I have gotten pretty far in the game. When trying to enter the Forrest Temple I can get as far as the spider blocking the door and it comes up with an error message. Error message as follows: Application Core Error Code: 801EEc88 Unknown 05 BD FF EO. What does this mean? Is it fixable or is the game just not compatable yet?

JoshM22

An answer to the question above would be greatly appreciated. I hate to be ignored. I thought I would atleast be graceful here. Thanks .

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
An answer to the question above would be greatly appreciated. I hate to be ignored. I thought I would atleast be graceful here. Thanks .

If you have a specific issue its best to create your own dedicated thread rather than jump into one thats already dealing with support on a seperate issue (generally bad manners). Its more likely to get noticed and you're likely to get a faster response.

This is a message board, its often the case that it can take a day or two and sometimes several days before someone who can assist with your problem reads the request (if anyone can deal with the problem at all), yet you bumped the thread less than 24 hours after making the request.

Lastly it sounds like a bug either with the emulation, or possibly the plug-in that you're using. Considering its giving a general error code your best bet would be to stick up a request at the PJ64 boards for a specific answer to exactly whats causing the problem.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
I was currently playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time with the latest Project 64 1.6. I have gotten pretty far in the game. When trying to enter the Forrest Temple I can get as far as the spider blocking the door and it comes up with an error message. Error message as follows: Application Core Error Code: 801EEc88 Unknown 05 BD FF EO. What does this mean? Is it fixable or is the game just not compatable yet?

Random crashes are known, but could also be caused by either "GameShark Codes" or "a graphic plug-in issue" due to it not recognizing an unexpected data... Hard to tell, but don't seem to be getting the problem on my end, but try another video plug-in or turning the codes off, but then again, sometimes gaining an "item" before you should or "entering in a way not normally" as of levitating or entering a back door, may throw off events, hence being "unexpected"... ;)

OoC was always a "touchy" one to mess with, code wise that is...

Last edited:

JoshM22

If you have a specific issue its best to create your own dedicated thread rather than jump into one thats already dealing with support on a seperate issue (generally bad manners). Its more likely to get noticed and you're likely to get a faster response.

This is a message board, its often the case that it can take a day or two and sometimes several days before someone who can assist with your problem reads the request (if anyone can deal with the problem at all), yet you bumped the thread less than 24 hours after making the request.

Lastly it sounds like a bug either with the emulation, or possibly the plug-in that you're using. Considering its giving a general error code your best bet would be to stick up a request at the PJ64 boards for a specific answer to exactly whats causing the problem.

Hope that helps.

You are right about being a little to eager to get an answer. I guess I really enjoy playing this game I jumped the gun on this one. Anyways i will make my own thread on this problem and see what happens. A few more days off the game won't hurt me lol. Thanks for the help.

JoshM22

Random crashes are known, but could also be caused by either "GameShark Codes" or "a graphic plug-in issue" due to it not recognizing an unexpected data... Hard to tell, but don't seem to be getting the problem on my end, but try another video plug-in or turning the codes off, but then again, sometimes gaining an "item" before you should or "entering in a way not normally" as of levitating or entering a back door, may throw off events, hence being "unexpected"... ;)

OoC was always a "touchy" one to mess with, code wise that is...

Where can I get different plug-ins? I know i am a noob when it comes to emulators. I will try and turn off the codes. I turned on the code to have everything on accident so that might have caused the game to crash every time i get to the Forrest Temple. Thanks for the advice and help once again.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Where can I get different plug-ins? I know i am a noob when it comes to emulators. I will try and turn off the codes. I turned on the code to have everything on accident so that might have caused the game to crash every time i get to the Forrest Temple. Thanks for the advice and help once again.

I wrote a "Nintendo Emulation Guide" doc around here somewhere, though also in the link on my sig. Just go down to the "N64" section, tells ya of some interesting plug-ins. ;)

Yeah, I did that also, enabling "have" everything, though every time I enter the Temple of Time, I repeatedly get the video of Sheik's first appearance and still not allowing me to go back as a kid until I beat the Forest Temple, but already did, though the continuing same problem... Guess I got to play the game from the start next time without "having" anything. Like I said, OoC is a very touchy game when it comes to "unexpected" events, as I should know, as I hacked having the "hammer" and "master sword" as young Link, back in 99 on the original console, though erasing the game files completely... ;)

Last edited:

JoshM22

In order to keep the error message from coming up all i had to do was get a dungeon key up ontop of a tree right next to the Forrest Temple. Hopefully i won't run into anymore problems. Yeah this game is very touchy.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
In order to keep the error message from coming up all i had to do was get a dungeon key up ontop of a tree right next to the Forrest Temple. Hopefully i won't run into anymore problems. Yeah this game is very touchy.

Nice... At least yea don't have to play the game from start again. ;)

JoshM22

I actually thought I was gonna have to start all the way over too. Damn beating Ingo at the horse race is hard. I forgot how hard it was. I read one guide to beating him at the last race to get Epona. The guide said to shoot him with arrows, but that seems to be a challenge. Any advice on that one?

tmhepfer

pahtizzle
I am having the same problem as jale.

Card name: Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82810
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_7125&SUBSYS_7148109F&REV_03
Display Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (24 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: i81xdnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.13.0001.3004 (English)
DDI Version: 8
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 1/15/2002 12:44:14, 702493 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: i81xnt5.sys
Mini VDD Date: 1/15/2002 12:44:14, 160220 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-3265-11CF-9378-4951A1C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x7125
SubSys ID: 0x7148109F
Revision ID: 0x0003
Revision ID: 0x0003
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D7 Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D8 Test Result: All tests were successful.
D3D9 Test Result: All tests were successful.

I have no understanding why I am having so much trouble. Can you help?