Hello from NintendoNerds

N

NintendoNerds

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. This appears to be a great community here. I hope I will enjoy my stay here with everyone.

~NN~

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
Welcome to EZ.

N

NintendoNerds

thanks Deezbeez :) I have one quick question about emulation though. I couldn't seem to find a topic anywhere but what is the real scoop regarding emulation? Is it legal or not and can I talk about it and post screenshots taken from emulators on my gaming forum?

Deezbeez

Hail to the King
Feel free to talk about emulation as much as you'd like, as we are the Emulator-Zone. I think it would be fine to post screenshots as you please, abiding by the rules of course.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Nice site, like the image archives for the SNES and NES. Doesn't seem like a waste of time to me, as many people don't know a lot of the older titles, but gives a chance to look back on it. Great site, will bookmark it. ;)

thanks Deezbeez :) I have one quick question about emulation though. I couldn't seem to find a topic anywhere but what is the real scoop regarding emulation? Is it legal or not and can I talk about it and post screenshots taken from emulators on my gaming forum?

I don't see if it would be a problem of posting screenshots, as long as it stays related to the topic you post, though "General Emulation" forum might be an ideal for that... ;) As for Emulation being "legal", maybe the "emulator", but the "ROMs" are quite not, as they are "ripped" from an original source while the company whom owns it doesn't make one dime... Your allowed to own copies for backup purposes, but not allowed to "distribute" nor "keep" the copy without the original source, though many and many people seem to ignore the fact... I was actually thinking of making an article on this subject, but didn't quite finish it...

Last edited:

spotanjo3

It is okay to download roms but we cannot tell you where to get it for it is an illegal and do not want this forum to shut down. As Jale the moderator says: Your best bet is google.com :)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
I uploaded a doc on my site about this (link included on sig), just look for the doc "Spawn of Emulation" and see if it answers your questions, regarding emulation... ;)